How to add a new site for seach metadata

How to add a new site for seach metadata

Jérome Seigneuret
hi

I have to import metadata with an other geonetwork.
I have editing my source.xml but i have not result.

Can you help me please?

Re: How to add a new site for seach metadata

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi Jerome, sources.xml is only used to set the logo and link for metadata you
harvested from another node i guess.
If you want to query nodes using "remote search" you need to set up the node
in repositories.xml and check that there's no firewall issues regarding ports
used.

Which version are you using ? Do you want to do remote query, or harwesting
metadata from one node to yours ?

HTH.
Francois

Office International de l'EAU
Web         : http://www.oieau.fr

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
------- End of Original Message -------

Re: How to add a new site for seach metadata

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Re-
Basically, you could search in remote node in all version. 2 ways to do that :
- using Z39.50 remote search : configuration occurs in repositories.xml but
main problem is that firewalls and other network stuff could block some ports
(usually 2100), Remote search are usually not so fast.
- using xml synchronisation : metadata are harvested on a regular basis (days,
week, ....) from the remote node. If changes occur on the remote node, on the
next sync it will be updated (configuration for that is in config.xml for
2.0.3 or in the web admin interface for 2.1beta)

Personnaly, i really prefer the second option... it works great and in the
coming release, it's really easy to add a new node (thanks Andrea :).
For example, we have a node for the meditaranean area using xml sync between 3
or 4 nodes http://81.255.115.229:8080/medwip/. It works with the Sandre catalog .
FAO node use that option a lot I think also.
If you want more info on how to config, feel free to ask on the list.

Cheers. Francois