How to access projection-factors in 4.8 (without projects.h)?

How to access projection-factors in 4.8 (without projects.h)?

Heiko Klein-3
Hi,

I just read that the projects.h header is no longer available (publicly).

Currently, I use projects.h to calculate the factors.k from the
polar-stereographic projection. Polar-stereographic projections can be
defined by 'lat_ts' or by 'k', and up to 4.7, I was able to access those
easily, e.g. when translating from a proj-projection to a projection in
FGDC:

att["scale_factor_at_projection_origin"] = factors.k;

This functionality is available in 'proj -V' (which still requires
projects.h) but not in the public API proj_api.h

I think, as long as the commmand-line interface still requires
'projects.h', not all necessary functionality is included in proj_api.h

Best regards,

Heiko

Re: How to access projection-factors in 4.8 (without projects.h)?

Greg Troxel

Heiko Klein <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just read that the projects.h header is no longer available (publicly).
>
> Currently, I use projects.h to calculate the factors.k from the
> polar-stereographic projection. Polar-stereographic projections can be
> defined by 'lat_ts' or by 'k', and up to 4.7, I was able to access those
> easily, e.g. when translating from a proj-projection to a projection in
> FGDC:
>
> att["scale_factor_at_projection_origin"] = factors.k;
>

> This functionality is available in 'proj -V' (which still requires
> projects.h) but not in the public API proj_api.h
>
> I think, as long as the commmand-line interface still requires
> 'projects.h', not all necessary functionality is included in proj_api.h

If projects.h really is going to be a private header, it would seem to
be a bug that the command-line program proj uses it.  It's not strictly
a bug, but it should be possible write programs like proj with only the
public headers/library, so it's a clue.