How can I pull initial zoom level imagery from local files?

How can I pull initial zoom level imagery from local files?

Terek Campbell
Hello,

I'd like to store the initial camera's zoom level's images (25 million meters) as local files so that if a connection to our GeoServer is unavailable, there will still be a low resolution view of the globe available.

My thought was to use an iTowns.FileSource combined with a config similar to iTown's Ortho.json but with all but the first couple tileMatrixSetLimits removed. Then having my second imagery layer providing all zoom levels after 3 by the typical means.

I'm not sure how to use a FileSource to pull imagery data locally. Can anyone shed some insight?

~Terek Campbell

Re: How can I pull initial zoom level imagery from local files?

Adrien Berthet
Hello Terek,

Indeed, a FileSource is not adapted here, as (if I understand correctly) you have multiple images per level. What you can do is using TMSSource (http://www.itowns-project.org/itowns/docs/#api/Source/TMSSource), that only need a classic web server, as files are typically organized in directory here, or even all files as the same level. Files are accessed with a simple fetch request, with to special parameters in the url beside x/y/z.

Note also that using FileSource for displaying an image is not working correctly at the moment, that's something we would like to spend some time on when we got some time.

Adrien