Hosting of 5 gvSIG mailing lists at OSGeo

Hosting of 5 gvSIG mailing lists at OSGeo

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)
Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of the gvSIG team to ask for a place to move
some mailing lists that we have at this time at JoinUP (formerly
OSOR.eu forge). Some months ago we moved our SVN and tickets to a new
home (provided by the Valencian govervment) but they don't provide
mailing lists so we want to move our OSOR mailing lists to a new place
and OSGeo is our first preferred choice.

The lists are:

- Announces: a general announces list, very low traffic [1]
- Announces-es: the same but in Spanish [2]
- Development: a general list for developers in English (less traffic
than I would like) [3]
- TSC: the public list for the Technical Steering Committee (idem) [4]
- TSC-priv: private and non archived list for non public messages
between TSC members like passing personal info (very low traffic)

Other gvSIG mailing lists are at places where we are not able to
create more lists and some day (not now at all) we will have to move
them to other place like OSGeo if it's possible (in fact I would love
to see them at OSGeo).

It's possible to move those lists to OSGeo mailman? There's anything
more to do from my side?

[1] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Announces-f4102531.html
[2] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Anuncios-f4102595.html
[3] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-developers-f4175719.html
[4] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-TSC-f4162305.html

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org

Re: Hosting of 5 gvSIG mailing lists at OSGeo

Francisco Puga
Thanks for manage this Jorge.

2012/6/11 Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing on behalf of the gvSIG team to ask for a place to move
> some mailing lists that we have at this time at JoinUP (formerly
> OSOR.eu forge). Some months ago we moved our SVN and tickets to a new
> home (provided by the Valencian govervment) but they don't provide
> mailing lists so we want to move our OSOR mailing lists to a new place
> and OSGeo is our first preferred choice.
>
> The lists are:
>
> - Announces: a general announces list, very low traffic [1]
> - Announces-es: the same but in Spanish [2]
> - Development: a general list for developers in English (less traffic
> than I would like) [3]
> - TSC: the public list for the Technical Steering Committee (idem) [4]
> - TSC-priv: private and non archived list for non public messages
> between TSC members like passing personal info (very low traffic)
>
> Other gvSIG mailing lists are at places where we are not able to
> create more lists and some day (not now at all) we will have to move
> them to other place like OSGeo if it's possible (in fact I would love
> to see them at OSGeo).
>
> It's possible to move those lists to OSGeo mailman? There's anything
> more to do from my side?
>
> [1] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Announces-f4102531.html
> [2] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Anuncios-f4102595.html
> [3] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-developers-f4175719.html
> [4] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-TSC-f4162305.html
>

> --
> Jorge Sanz
> http://es.osgeo.org

Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo
Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica.
http://www.cartolab.es

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493

On 11 June 2012 10:05, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing on behalf of the gvSIG team to ask for a place to move
> some mailing lists that we have at this time at JoinUP (formerly
> OSOR.eu forge). Some months ago we moved our SVN and tickets to a new
> home (provided by the Valencian govervment) but they don't provide
> mailing lists so we want to move our OSOR mailing lists to a new place
> and OSGeo is our first preferred choice.
>
> The lists are:
>
> - Announces: a general announces list, very low traffic [1]
> - Announces-es: the same but in Spanish [2]
> - Development: a general list for developers in English (less traffic
> than I would like) [3]
> - TSC: the public list for the Technical Steering Committee (idem) [4]
> - TSC-priv: private and non archived list for non public messages
> between TSC members like passing personal info (very low traffic)
>
> Other gvSIG mailing lists are at places where we are not able to
> create more lists and some day (not now at all) we will have to move
> them to other place like OSGeo if it's possible (in fact I would love
> to see them at OSGeo).
>
> It's possible to move those lists to OSGeo mailman? There's anything
> more to do from my side?
>
> [1] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Announces-f4102531.html
> [2] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Anuncios-f4102595.html
> [3] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-developers-f4175719.html
> [4] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-TSC-f4162305.html

Hi, it's been more than two weeks from my question without any
feedback (my fault for not being more active on my own question).

It's the SAC list the appropriate place to ask for mailing list
hosting or I should move it to the Board? Maybe I have to understand
the lack of answers as a negative response?

Best regards

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org

Re: Hosting of 5 gvSIG mailing lists at OSGeo

Jorge Sanz (gvSIG)

El 02/07/12 10:59, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas escribió:

> On 11 June 2012 10:05, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm writing on behalf of the gvSIG team to ask for a place to move
>> some mailing lists that we have at this time at JoinUP (formerly
>> OSOR.eu forge). Some months ago we moved our SVN and tickets to a new
>> home (provided by the Valencian govervment) but they don't provide
>> mailing lists so we want to move our OSOR mailing lists to a new place
>> and OSGeo is our first preferred choice.
>>
>> The lists are:
>>
>> - Announces: a general announces list, very low traffic [1]
>> - Announces-es: the same but in Spanish [2]
>> - Development: a general list for developers in English (less traffic
>> than I would like) [3]
>> - TSC: the public list for the Technical Steering Committee (idem) [4]
>> - TSC-priv: private and non archived list for non public messages
>> between TSC members like passing personal info (very low traffic)
>>
>> Other gvSIG mailing lists are at places where we are not able to
>> create more lists and some day (not now at all) we will have to move
>> them to other place like OSGeo if it's possible (in fact I would love
>> to see them at OSGeo).
>>
>> It's possible to move those lists to OSGeo mailman? There's anything
>> more to do from my side?
>>
>> [1] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Announces-f4102531.html
>> [2] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-Anuncios-f4102595.html
>> [3] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-developers-f4175719.html
>> [4] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gvSIG-TSC-f4162305.html
>>

> Hi, it's been more than two weeks from my question without any
> feedback (my fault for not being more active on my own question).
>
> It's the SAC list the appropriate place to ask for mailing list
> hosting or I should move it to the Board? Maybe I have to understand
> the lack of answers as a negative response?
>
> Best regards

Hi,

Alex Mandel from OSGeo SAC has confirmed that OSGeo can host our
OSOR/JoinUP lists but they don't have any volunteer with mailman
experience to migrate archives and user lists. So we have to look for
someone with mailman skills to help on the migration.

It doesn't seem a difficult task but of course we need someone that
knows what is he doing, as he will work with OSGeo systems.

Do you know someone willing to volunteer some hours to migrate the
lists, probably this autumn?

Cheers

- --
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas