Highlight feature on click in mb3 ?

Karsten-3-2
Hi all,

in mapbender 3 is there a functionality to highlight a feature on click - for example that the user can indentify a WMS feature on the map and still see which one was clicked on.
The only thing I found so far is the search functionality which has something kind of similar by adding a vector layer that shows all features found in teh search and the one selected form the result list ?

Cheers
Karsten Vennemann

Re: Highlight feature on click in mb3 ?

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Karsten,

there is one solution that can highlight results of a featureInfo (but
is is only working in an older Mapbender version 3.0.5.x)

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/blob/feature/featureinfo-extension/en/bundles/Mapbender/CoreBundle/elements/feature_info_extension.rst

Would be great to have a funding to reactivate this feature in the
actual version of Mapbender.

Astrid

Am 2018-11-26 09:44, schrieb karsten:

> Hi all,
>
> in mapbender 3 is there a functionality to highlight a feature on
> click - for example that the user can indentify a WMS feature on the
> map and still see which one was clicked on.
> The only thing I found so far is the search functionality which has
> something kind of similar by adding a vector layer that shows all
> features found in teh search and the one selected form the result list
> ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Karsten Vennemann

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

Where2B Konferenz 2018
13. Dezember 2018 im Universitätsclub Bonn
Anmeldung & Infos: https://where2b-conference.com/

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Highlight feature on click in mb3 ?

Karsten-3-2
Hi All,

I was trying to test thsi feature in teh MB 3.0.5 version and sucessfulyl
installed it. Now I tried to configure it but was not sure about this part
of the doumnetation in
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/blob/feature/featureinf
o-extension/en/bundles/Mapbender/CoreBundle/elements/feature_info_extension.
rst  this says:
------------------------------
How to highlight the geometry
To use this functionality you have to extend your FeatureInfo-Template. It
needs a class="geometryElement", data-srid="EPSG:4326" with the information
about the projection of the data and data-geometry with the WKT presentation
of the geometry:
data-geometry="MULTIPOLYGON(...)" >...</table>
If you use PostgreSQL as datasource in your WMS Service, you can use the
PostGIS function st_asText(geom) to generate the WKT.

1. So if I use the PostGIS data source how would I go about to create the
WKT ? Would I create a view in teh DB and add a column 'WKT' by using
st_asText(geom) and add that as WMS to mapbender ?

2. In the FeatureInfo-Template if I did create the WKT via PostGIS what
wpould I need to refer to as "data-geometry" ?
How would the syntax look correctly ?
is it
>...</table>

Thanks