Help: Live CD to HD

ipp0
I have OSGeoLive installed on hard drive and it works mostly well. However,
(as with the live cd) everything is loaded into RAM, which means that /tmp
is becomming full pretty fast. Is there an option to run the system
completely on the hard disk to install / compile new software etc? Even
working with maps needs lots of space.
I am using Grub2 as bootloader.

Greetings ipp0

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSGeoLive-f3777350.html

Re: Help: Live CD to HD

Cameron Shorter
Hi ipp0,

Based on the symptoms you describe, it sounds like you might be
installing OSGeoLive as a Virtual Machine. Maybe you followed these
instructions:

https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html

You can install directly on a computer, alongside whatever else you have
installed, such as windows or linux, the same way you can install linux.
See:

https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/osgeolive_install_quickstart.html

Good luck, Cameron

On 17/7/19 6:35 pm, ipp0 wrote:

> I have OSGeoLive installed on hard drive and it works mostly well. However,
> (as with the live cd) everything is loaded into RAM, which means that /tmp
> is becomming full pretty fast. Is there an option to run the system
> completely on the hard disk to install / compile new software etc? Even
> working with maps needs lots of space.
> I am using Grub2 as bootloader.
>
> Greetings ipp0
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSGeoLive-f3777350.html

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Help: Live CD to HD

ipp0
Thanks Cameron,

It was my fault. I messed up my fstab. Got it working now.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSGeoLive-f3777350.html