Has any relationship been set up between OSGeo or OGC with the Uban Computing Foundation?

Has any relationship been set up between OSGeo or OGC with the Uban Computing Foundation?

Cameron Shorter
Hi folks,

I notice that the Linux Foundation has created an "open geospatial forum
to develop smart city tools",
https://geoawesomeness.com/linux-foundation-creates-open-geospatial-forum-to-develop-smart-city-tools/

Has anyone from within OSGeo or OGC communities been involved with this?
It looks to fall very much in our remit and something that would be
worth us collaborating with.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Has any relationship been set up between OSGeo or OGC with the Uban Computing Foundation?

Greg Troxel-2
Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> writes:

> I notice that the Linux Foundation has created an "open geospatial
> forum to develop smart city tools",
> https://geoawesomeness.com/linux-foundation-creates-open-geospatial-forum-to-develop-smart-city-tools/
>
> Has anyone from within OSGeo or OGC communities been involved with
> this? It looks to fall very much in our remit and something that would
> be worth us collaborating with.

One wonders how the Linux Foundation mandate to act in the common
business interests of its members relates to OSGeo's duties under
501(c)4.

(I really don't know, but it's important to remember that 501(c)6
organizations are not charities.)