Harvesting from GGN 3.8.1 using oai_dc

hoddih
Hello

My "client" is trying to harvest from my Geonetwork using OAI-PMH protocol
but gett just an error.

http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/oaipmh?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

And in geonetwork.log fil comes this error:
ERROR [geonetwork.settings] -   Requested setting with name:
system/oai/maxrecords  not found. Add it to the settings table.

Is something missing on the server?

Hóddi

Hólmgrímur Helgason (Hóddi)
CAFF - Data Manager
[hidden email]
+354 462 3357

Re: Harvesting from GGN 3.8.1 using oai_dc

Jo Cook
Hi Hóddi

It does sound like a setting is missing from your database- but you
can generally add these manually without too much trouble. I am using
postgresql, and usually take a backup of the public.settings table
before making any changes. Hopefully you can see this screenshot- it's
of the settings I have related to OAI-PMH but this is in Geonetwork
3.10.

Hope this helps,

Jo

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 2:50 PM Hólmgrímur Helgason <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> My "client" is trying to harvest from my Geonetwork using OAI-PMH protocol
> but gett just an error.
>
> http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/oaipmh?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
>
> And in geonetwork.log fil comes this error:
> ERROR [geonetwork.settings] -   Requested setting with name:
> system/oai/maxrecords  not found. Add it to the settings table.
>
> Is something missing on the server?
>
> Hóddi
>

> Hólmgrímur Helgason (Hóddi)
> CAFF - Data Manager
> [hidden email]
> +354 462 3357

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Screenshot from 2020-09-22 15-01-49.png (27K) Download Attachment

Re: Harvesting from GGN 3.8.1 using oai_dc

hoddih
Hi
Thanks for that.
Do you know if there is an API to do the database upgrade?  I can see this
value is missing in the database(using H2)

Hóddi

Hólmgrímur Helgason (Hóddi)
CAFF - Data Manager
[hidden email]
+354 462 3357

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 14:03, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Hóddi
>
> It does sound like a setting is missing from your database- but you
> can generally add these manually without too much trouble. I am using
> postgresql, and usually take a backup of the public.settings table
> before making any changes. Hopefully you can see this screenshot- it's
> of the settings I have related to OAI-PMH but this is in Geonetwork
> 3.10.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Jo
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 2:50 PM Hólmgrímur Helgason <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > My "client" is trying to harvest from my Geonetwork using OAI-PMH
> protocol
> > but gett just an error.
> >

> http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/oaipmh?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
> >
> > And in geonetwork.log fil comes this error:
> > ERROR [geonetwork.settings] -   Requested setting with name:
> > system/oai/maxrecords  not found. Add it to the settings table.
> >
> > Is something missing on the server?
> >
> > Hóddi
> >

> > Hólmgrímur Helgason (Hóddi)
> > CAFF - Data Manager
> > [hidden email]
> > +354 462 3357

> > GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at

> Jo Cook
> t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
> Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
> urgent responses at that time, please visit
> support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

> products, conferences, events and training*
> *
> *
>
> Astun Technology Ltd,
> Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK
>
> t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/>
> twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>
>

> iShare - enterprise
> geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
>
> GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
> <https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
> Helpdesk and customer
> portal
> <
> https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal
> >

> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no.
> 864201149.

Re: Harvesting from GGN 3.8.1 using oai_dc

Jo Cook
Hi Hóddi,

I'm not sure about an api approach as the upgrade is supposed to happen
when geonetwork is started. The missing value should have been inserted in
3.0.2, so it's present in
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/3.8.x/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/setup/sql/migrate/v302/migrate-default.sql.
There is a section in the help documentation on using the embedded h2
database:
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/customizing-application/misc.html#using-the-h2-database
so I think you should be able to run the commands manually. It might be
worth checking all the later migrate sql files to ensure you have got no
other missing entries as well.

All the best

Jo