Harvesting GetCapabilities documents

Alexandre Djioev
Hello everyone,

l spend last week with geonetwork investigating it's functionality and
architecture. Question I was going to ask was if its possible for geonetwork
to harvest WFS and WMS capabilities. Hoping someone can help me with this.

Tnanks Alexandre.

Re: Harvesting GetCapabilities documents

Andrea Carboni-2
No, the only supported protocol is CSW/2.0.1

> Hello everyone,
>
> l spend last week with geonetwork investigating it's functionality and
> architecture. Question I was going to ask was if its possible for geonetwork
> to harvest WFS and WMS capabilities. Hoping someone can help me with this.
>
> Tnanks Alexandre.

Re: Harvesting GetCapabilities documents

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE

Hi Alexandre, I work a bit on that creating metadata about a WxS service
(i.e. Create a full ISO19119 MD based on a GetCapabilities request).

I only made the mapping between the GetCapabilities Response to a simple
ISO19115 (I was using Altova Mapforce to do the mapping - could send you the
project if needed). Instead of using 19115, we should map to 19119 (metadata
on services).

Maybe the best way is to add an input parameter in the import service of
GeoNetwork (instead of a local directory) : URL of the service for which to
create metadata and apply a stylesheet to map the getCapabilities to ISO.
Applying a stylesheet on import is already available.

I know that Pierre is working on ISO19119 integration also ... but maybe we
will have a look on that in September.

I made a wiki page on the trac dealing with ISO19119 :
http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/wiki/ISO19119impl

Cheers
Francois

No, the only supported protocol is CSW/2.0.1

> Hello everyone,
>
> l spend last week with geonetwork investigating it's functionality and
> architecture. Question I was going to ask was if its possible for
geonetwork

> to harvest WFS and WMS capabilities. Hoping someone can help me with this.
>
> Tnanks Alexandre.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

Re: Harvesting GetCapabilities documents

Cameron Shorter
*Hello Francois-Xavier,
I'm Alexandre's team lead, and am very interested in what you have done
so far.
More comments inline.

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE* wrote:

> Hi Alexandre, I work a bit on that creating metadata about a WxS service
> (i.e. Create a full ISO19119 MD based on a GetCapabilities request).
>
> I only made the mapping between the GetCapabilities Response to a simple
> ISO19115 (I was using Altova Mapforce to do the mapping - could send
> you the
> project if needed). Instead of using 19115, we should map to 19119
> (metadata
> on services).
Yes, we would love a copy of your Altova Mapforce project.
I'm not familiar with Altova Mapforce. Does it produce code (that could
be rolled back into Geonetwork?)

Do you have a demo site or similar where we can see what you have done?

> Maybe the best way is to add an input parameter in the import service of
> GeoNetwork (instead of a local directory) : URL of the service for
> which to
> create metadata and apply a stylesheet to map the getCapabilities to ISO.
> Applying a stylesheet on import is already available.
>
> I know that Pierre is working on ISO19119 integration also ... but
> maybe we
> will have a look on that in September.

Sounds interesting.

> I made a wiki page on the trac dealing with ISO19119 :
> http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/wiki/ISO19119impl
>
> Cheers
> Francois

Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Re: Harvesting GetCapabilities documents

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi, comments inline.

Will be soon off-list.

>I'm not familiar with Altova Mapforce. Does it produce code (that could
>be rolled back into Geonetwork?)
It could but I've not tested that. I was wandering if I could make a XSL
stylesheet but some elements were required XSL version 2 and we are using
version 1 in GeoNetwork for the time being so I was not able to link that
mapping to GeoNetwork import process. Anyway that's a starting point.

>Do you have a demo site or similar where we can see what you have done?

Basically that's what we have under the "service" category :
http://sandre.eaufrance.fr/geonetwork/srv/fr/main.search?category=Services
Those info are used by our mapping application (Cartoweb) to propose a list
of WMS to users.

>> Maybe the best way is to add an input parameter in the import service of
>> GeoNetwork (instead of a local directory) : URL of the service for
>> which to
>> create metadata and apply a stylesheet to map the getCapabilities to ISO.
>> Applying a stylesheet on import is already available.
>>
>> I know that Pierre is working on ISO19119 integration also ... but
>> maybe we will have a look on that in September.
>
>Sounds interesting.

Cheers. Francois