Happy birthday to the community!

jmckenna
Administrator
11 years ago today something special happened, and changed the spatial
community forever; happy birthday to the whole OSGeo community for 11
years of sharing the passion for FOSS4G all over the world.  We are
OSGeo. :)

PS. As of 1st February we have 28672 unique subscribers to OSGeo lists!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

Re: Happy birthday to the community!

Suchith Anand
Greetings and congratulations to everyone...

Best wishes,

Suchith

11 years ago today something special happened, and changed the spatial
community forever; happy birthday to the whole OSGeo community for 11
years of sharing the passion for FOSS4G all over the world.  We are
OSGeo. :)

PS. As of 1st February we have 28672 unique subscribers to OSGeo lists!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Happy birthday to the community!

Sandro Santilli-4
On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 10:29:17AM -0400, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> PS. As of 1st February we have 28672 unique subscribers to OSGeo lists!

And 20601 OSGeo User IDs :)

Happy birthday all

--strk;

Re: Happy birthday to the community!

Venkatesh Raghavan
Dear Jeff and All,

Best wishes for a very Happy Birthday to the OSGeo community!

Just returned from India after representing OSGeo community at
the Geospatial World Forum (GWF) 2017 [1] and FOSS4G-Asia 2017 [2].

We had a great birthday present from the organizers of the Gesospatial
World Forum 2017 in the form of the  'Professional Society of The Year
Award'
being awarded to the OSGeo Foundation.

My presentations at GWF 2017 and FOSS4G-Asia 2017 are uploaded
in slideshare at [3] and [4] respectively.

Best

Venka

[1] http://geospatialworldforum.org/
[2] http://foss4g-asia.org/
[3] http://www.slideshare.net/VenkateshRaghavan1/gwf-venka-16by9final
[4] http://www.slideshare.net/VenkateshRaghavan1/foss4g-asia-28jan2017final

On 2/4/2017 11:29 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> 11 years ago today something special happened, and changed the spatial
> community forever; happy birthday to the whole OSGeo community for 11
> years of sharing the passion for FOSS4G all over the world.  We are
> OSGeo. :)
>
> PS. As of 1st February we have 28672 unique subscribers to OSGeo lists!
>
> -jeff

Re: Happy birthday to the community!

Suchith Anand
Venka, It was great meeting you and many colleagues at Hyderabad and discuss ideas for the future. Thanks for sharing the slides.I will use some of the slides for my presentations as well in the future :-)

Best wishes,

Suchith

Best wishes for a very Happy Birthday to the OSGeo community!

Just returned from India after representing OSGeo community at
the Geospatial World Forum (GWF) 2017 [1] and FOSS4G-Asia 2017 [2].

We had a great birthday present from the organizers of the Gesospatial
World Forum 2017 in the form of the  'Professional Society of The Year
Award'
being awarded to the OSGeo Foundation.

My presentations at GWF 2017 and FOSS4G-Asia 2017 are uploaded
in slideshare at [3] and [4] respectively.

Best

Venka

[1] http://geospatialworldforum.org/
[2] http://foss4g-asia.org/
[3] http://www.slideshare.net/VenkateshRaghavan1/gwf-venka-16by9final
[4] http://www.slideshare.net/VenkateshRaghavan1/foss4g-asia-28jan2017final

On 2/4/2017 11:29 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> 11 years ago today something special happened, and changed the spatial
> community forever; happy birthday to the whole OSGeo community for 11
> years of sharing the passion for FOSS4G all over the world.  We are
> OSGeo. :)
>
> PS. As of 1st February we have 28672 unique subscribers to OSGeo lists!
>
> -jeff

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Best wishes for a very Happy Birthday to the OSGeo community!

Just returned from India after representing OSGeo community at
the Geospatial World Forum (GWF) 2017 [1] and FOSS4G-Asia 2017 [2].

We had a great birthday present from the organizers of the Gesospatial
World Forum 2017 in the form of the  'Professional Society of The Year
Award'
being awarded to the OSGeo Foundation.

My presentations at GWF 2017 and FOSS4G-Asia 2017 are uploaded
in slideshare at [3] and [4] respectively.

Best

Venka

[1] http://geospatialworldforum.org/
[2] http://foss4g-asia.org/
[3] http://www.slideshare.net/VenkateshRaghavan1/gwf-venka-16by9final
[4] http://www.slideshare.net/VenkateshRaghavan1/foss4g-asia-28jan2017final

On 2/4/2017 11:29 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> 11 years ago today something special happened, and changed the spatial
> community forever; happy birthday to the whole OSGeo community for 11
> years of sharing the passion for FOSS4G all over the world.  We are
> OSGeo. :)
>
> PS. As of 1st February we have 28672 unique subscribers to OSGeo lists!
>
> -jeff

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Happy birthday to the community!

Markus Neteler
On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Ravi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes indeed.. We have a wonderful community for Open Source GIS. Also A
> meeting attended by Markus Neteler in Chicago brought us all together to
> this wonderful community.
>
> Cheers
> Ravi Kumar

... an exiting weekend that was back then :-)

http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation//meetings/2006_02_04/meeting.html

Best,
Markus