Hackfest autumn 2009

macho
Hi all!
As there were some votes on the list and i hardly can find negative
mails I assume that hackfest autumn 2009 will be in vienna.

Proposed date will be somewhere around last week of October or first
week of November 2009, so i suggest the weekend from 22. to 25.10. (and
possible 26.20 as its austrias "national celebrating day" - so that
would be a nice day to end the hackfest)

If there is no one against this date I'll contact the University and
start organizing.

I just need a "GO"..

Is there anyone responsible who can give me a go - or shall we discuss
the date again (the weekend later is also possible)

I'll write all results to the Hackfest Webpage

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/2._QGIS_Hackfest_in_Vienna_2009

And once everything is clear I'll sort the Page and send out the
invitation mail to developer and user list.

regards
Werner

AW: Hackfest autumn 2009

Hugentobler  Marco
Hi Werner

I'm looking very much forward to the hackfest, thank you for organizing it.
The date in october overlaps with the FOSS4G conference in Australia (www.foss4g.org), so I'd vote for the first week of November.

>I just need a "GO"..

Just wait a few more days for comments from the mailing list...

cheers,
Marco

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: AW: Hackfest autumn 2009

macho
Hi again!

As Marco reminded me that FOSS4G is on that Weekend i'd like to give two
new possible dates ..

(29.) 30.Oct - 1.(2.)Nov 2009 (The so called "Halloween-Hackfest")
(5.) 6.Nov - 8. (9.) Nov 2009

I'd update the wiki site with news as soon as I can ..

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/2._QGIS_Hackfest_in_Vienna_2009

As soon as I have a fixed date I keep you informed about accomodation
and other interesting things on this page

So who can give me a go for which weekende?

regards
Werner

Re: AW: Hackfest autumn 2009

Tim Sutton-4
Hi

Maybe overlapping with FOSS4G actually could be a good thing -  I know
they are planning a hackfest so we could perhaps have a three way
virtual hackfest between US, Europe and Australia. It would be good
also to liase with Aaron and others who were interested in
participating from the US.

The sooner we can fix the dates, the sooner I can book my tickets and
in theory the cheaper the flight will be....

regards

Tim

On 27 Apr 2009, at 4:26 PM, Werner Macho wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> As Marco reminded me that FOSS4G is on that Weekend i'd like to give
> two new possible dates ..
>
> (29.) 30.Oct - 1.(2.)Nov 2009 (The so called "Halloween-Hackfest")
> (5.) 6.Nov - 8. (9.) Nov 2009
>
> I'd update the wiki site with news as soon as I can ..
>
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/2._QGIS_Hackfest_in_Vienna_2009
>
> As soon as I have a fixed date I keep you informed about
> accomodation and other interesting things on this page
>
> So who can give me a go for which weekende?
>
> regards
> Werner

Re: AW: Hackfest autumn 2009

Martin Dobias
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Maybe overlapping with FOSS4G actually could be a good thing -  I know they
> are planning a hackfest so we could perhaps have a three way virtual
> hackfest between US, Europe and Australia. It would be good also to liase
> with Aaron and others who were interested in participating from the US.

I have a similar opinion... is there actually anyone willing to
participate both at FOSS4G and QGIS hackfest and couldn't due the
collision of dates?

Martin

Re: AW: Hackfest autumn 2009

macho
Hi all!

The same for me .. The sooner a decision for a date is made the sooner I
can start working out a "real" program for hackfest ..
So anyone willing to make a decision?

It seems that the option with weekend from (22.) 23.Oct - (25.) 26. Oct
is still open ..

Shall we do a vote for a date anywhere in the internet?

regards
Werner