HTML-Legend in Mapbender 2.7

pmeis

Von: Patrick Meis
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. April 2019 11:14
An: Mapbender_users
Betreff: HTML-Legend in Mapbender 2.7

Hello group,

is it possible to use a HTML-legend for a WMS in Mapbender 2.7, as described in the documentation for Mapserver:

https://mapserver.org/de/output/html_legend.html#html-legend

Im not able to find any examples for it in the web, but i did find an old Email in this group that it was not possible in 2008:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapbender_users/2008-April/002003.html (only in german)

Maybe something changed? Does anybody know?

Thanks for any help

Patrick

diesmalwähleich.eu

Am 26. Mai 2019 ist Europawahl

Der Schutz Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten ist der Stadt Münster ein wichtiges Anliegen. Die Datenschutzerklärung finden Sie unter folgendem Link: https://www.stadt-muenster.de/datenschutz.html

Re: HTML-Legend in Mapbender 2.7

Armin Retterath
hi pascal,
can you check if the legend handling like in
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de/portal/karten.html (mapbender 2.x trunk)
is that what you want? you can define legends in mapserver for raster and vector data. mapbender calls the legendurl (mapserver set this to a getlegendgraphic url !) by every getmap invocation. therefor the legend shows only the vector layers, that are visible. the raster legend is hardcoded.
maybe you can give some more info about you demands ;-)
best regards
armin

> Patrick Meis <[hidden email]> hat am 26. April 2019 um 09:49 geschrieben:

Hello Armin,

thanks for your help.

And you are right, I should present a more extensive description of my problem.

I have a raster layer of the german "Flächennutzungsplan", a raster layer. Which has a rather big Legend in Pdf-format:

https://geo.stadt-muenster.de/webgis2/html/fnp/legende_fnp.pdf

I would like to create a link to this Pdf in my Mapbender legend.

Something like shown here:

http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2Fosgeo%2Fmapserver%2Fitasca_legend%2Fmap%2Fitasca3.map&layers=all&zoomsize=2&zoomdir=1&map_size=600+400&map_web=

(for example the Airport-link leads tot he Pdf).

But i am not sure if Mapbender can work with a legend sent in HTML and not in Png.

Patrick

Diese Mail haben Sie über das Behördennetz DOI erhalten.

hi pascal,

can you check if the legend handling like in

http://www.geoportal.rlp.de/portal/karten.html (mapbender 2.x trunk)

is that what you want? you can define legends in mapserver for raster and vector data. mapbender calls the legendurl (mapserver set this to a getlegendgraphic url !) by every getmap invocation. therefor the legend shows only the vector layers, that are visible. the raster legend is hardcoded.

maybe you can give some more info about you demands ;-)

best regards

armin

> Patrick Meis <[hidden email]> hat am 26. April 2019 um 09:49 geschrieben:

it is not yet implemented - but it should not be to difficult ;-) - maybe 1 hour ?

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/browser/trunk/mapbender/http/javascripts/mod_legendDiv.php
maybe some further objects should be extended - in our database there are no legendurl elements with pdf or html mimetypes ;-)
(1400 services registrated)
by when do you need this little feature?

i extended the map/layer object last week for couplings between layers and featuretypes and i think i remember where to fix it.

best regards
armin

> Patrick Meis <[hidden email]> hat am 26. April 2019 um 11:32 geschrieben:
>

> Hello Armin,
>
> thanks for your help.
> And you are right, I should present a more extensive description of my problem.
>
> I have a raster layer of the german "Flächennutzungsplan", a raster layer. Which has a rather big Legend in Pdf-format:
>
> https://geo.stadt-muenster.de/webgis2/html/fnp/legende_fnp.pdf
>
> I would like to create a link to this Pdf in my Mapbender legend.
> Something like shown here:
>
> http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2Fosgeo%2Fmapserver%2Fitasca_legend%2Fmap%2Fitasca3.map&layers=all&zoomsize=2&zoomdir=1&map_size=600+400&map_web=
>
> (for example the Airport-link leads tot he Pdf).
>
> But i am not sure if Mapbender can work with a legend sent in HTML and not in Png.
>
> Patrick

WG: HTML-Legend in Mapbender 2.7

pmeis
Hello Armin,

now I get it, you guys are still developing the 2.x trunk, right?

Well, this HTML-legend would defnitely be a "nice to have" in our Mapbender.
But its not really urgent, like we need it this week.

Best regards
Patrick

Diese Mail haben Sie über das Behördennetz DOI erhalten.

hi pascal,

it is not yet implemented - but it should not be to difficult ;-) - maybe 1 hour ?

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/browser/trunk/mapbender/http/javascripts/mod_legendDiv.php
maybe some further objects should be extended - in our database there are no legendurl elements with pdf or html mimetypes ;-)
(1400 services registrated)
by when do you need this little feature?

i extended the map/layer object last week for couplings between layers and featuretypes and i think i remember where to fix it.

best regards
armin

> Patrick Meis <[hidden email]> hat am 26. April 2019 um 11:32 geschrieben:
>

> Hello Armin,
>
> thanks for your help.
> And you are right, I should present a more extensive description of my problem.
>
> I have a raster layer of the german "Flächennutzungsplan", a raster layer. Which has a rather big Legend in Pdf-format:
>
> https://geo.stadt-muenster.de/webgis2/html/fnp/legende_fnp.pdf
>
> I would like to create a link to this Pdf in my Mapbender legend.
> Something like shown here:
>
> http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2Fosgeo%2Fmapserver%2Fitasca_legend%2Fmap%2Fitasca3.map&layers=all&zoomsize=2&zoomdir=1&map_size=600+400&map_web=
>
> (for example the Airport-link leads tot he Pdf).
>
> But i am not sure if Mapbender can work with a legend sent in HTML and not in Png.
>
> Patrick

jmckenna
Administrator
By the way, it is great to see the HTML-legends demo still working
today, that I had setup so many years ago (maybe 15 years?).
http://demo.mapserver.org/itasca_legend/  It makes me realize that this
could also be useful for MS4W users, so I'll package it for the next
version.  -jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2019-04-26 4:49 AM, Patrick Meis wrote:

> [...]

Re: WG: HTML-Legend in Mapbender 2.7

Armin Retterath-3
hi patrick yes - we develop the old mapbender 2.x trunk ;-) - it is the only good metadata solution for solving the demands of the inspire directive.
our goal is to reengineer the mapbender backend (service registry / metadata management & search / security / inspire) with django.
best regards,
armin

Am Mo., 29. Apr. 2019 um 14:26 Uhr schrieb Patrick Meis <[hidden email]>:
Hello Armin,

now I get it, you guys are still developing the 2.x trunk, right?

Well, this HTML-legend would defnitely be a "nice to have" in our Mapbender.
But its not really urgent, like we need it this week.

Best regards
Patrick

Diese Mail haben Sie über das Behördennetz DOI erhalten.

hi pascal,

it is not yet implemented - but it should not be to difficult ;-) - maybe 1 hour ?

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/browser/trunk/mapbender/http/javascripts/mod_legendDiv.php
maybe some further objects should be extended - in our database there are no legendurl elements with pdf or html mimetypes ;-)
(1400 services registrated)
by when do you need this little feature?

i extended the map/layer object last week for couplings between layers and featuretypes and i think i remember where to fix it.

best regards
armin
> Patrick Meis <[hidden email]> hat am 26. April 2019 um 11:32 geschrieben:
>

> Hello Armin,
>
> thanks for your help.
> And you are right, I should present a more extensive description of my problem.
>
> I have a raster layer of the german "Flächennutzungsplan", a raster layer. Which has a rather big Legend in Pdf-format:
>
> https://geo.stadt-muenster.de/webgis2/html/fnp/legende_fnp.pdf
>
> I would like to create a link to this Pdf in my Mapbender legend.
> Something like shown here:
>
> http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2Fosgeo%2Fmapserver%2Fitasca_legend%2Fmap%2Fitasca3.map&layers=all&zoomsize=2&zoomdir=1&map_size=600+400&map_web=
>
> (for example the Airport-link leads tot he Pdf).
>
> But i am not sure if Mapbender can work with a legend sent in HTML and not in Png.
>
> Patrick

Hello Jeff,

yes, that would be great, since we're also relying heavily on the MS4W-package at our work.
Thanks to you and Armin Retterath for your efforts so far.

Regards
Patrick