HERE license will expire

Christian Mayer-2

Hi,

the HERE license, which grants access to the map tiles used in the "HERE Map Tile API" example [1], will expire on 2017-11-16. The reason seems to be that there is a very high amount of transactions in the last months (extraordinary high amount). Unfortunately my contact could not convince HERE to extend the license.

I suggest to come up with a PR, which removes the example introduced here [2]. Any opinions / other suggestions?

Cheers
Chris

[1] http://openlayers.org/en/latest/examples/here-maps.html
[2] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/5640

Re: HERE license will expire

Andreas Hocevar
Another option would be to ask for a new API key. Maybe someone has
found the key and uses it for their application. But in the end it's
HERE's decision. When they don't want to have their API promoted, we'd
better remove the example.

Andreas.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Christian Mayer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the HERE license, which grants access to the map tiles used in the "HERE Map
> Tile API" example [1], will expire on 2017-11-16. The reason seems to be
> that there is a very high amount of transactions in the last months
> (extraordinary high amount). Unfortunately my contact could not convince
> HERE to extend the license.
>
> I suggest to come up with a PR, which removes the example introduced here
> [2]. Any opinions / other suggestions?
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>
> [1] http://openlayers.org/en/latest/examples/here-maps.html
> [2] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/5640

Re: HERE license will expire

Christian Mayer-2

Hi,

that's exactly what I thought, that the API-key is misused.

I just did a last attempt to get a new API-key. I'll inform you once I get the info.

Cheers
Chris

Am 03.11.2017 um 08:34 schrieb Andreas Hocevar:
[...]

Hi all,

thankfully I received a new API-key from HERE or better said from the German HERE partner geomer, which is valid 4 more months. Then I will see, what I can do to extend it.

I created a PR [1], which substitutes the old key by the new one.

Cheers
Chris

[1] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/7468