H2 to Postgres migration

hoddih
Hello

What is the best way to migrate H2 GN data-base to Postgres?

Hóddi

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: H2 to Postgres migration

Francois Prunayre
Hi,

If you don't have a lot of users/groups, export as ZIP and import or
harvest and assign records to current catalog is probably the easiest way.
If not, then you have to try to dump SQL from H2 (not sure how easy it is)
and load to postgres.

Cheers.

Francois

Le lun. 24 févr. 2020 à 15:09, hoddih <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello
>
> What is the best way to migrate H2 GN data-base to Postgres?
>
> Hóddi
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: H2 to Postgres migration

hoddih
Hi

Is any "manual" for Dummies to this progress? Step by step.

I have 7.500.000 KB gn.h2.db file that I want to migrate to postgres!
It includes a few groups and users!

Hóddi

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: H2 to Postgres migration

Jo Cook
Hi,

I thought I had some documentation on a gui for the h2 database, which
might provide you with tools for exporting the data but it looks as if
I didn't commit it to the manual. I'll do that now.

Jo

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 9:39 AM hoddih <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is any "manual" for Dummies to this progress? Step by step.
>
> I have 7.500.000 KB gn.h2.db file that I want to migrate to postgres!
> It includes a few groups and users!
>

> Hóddi
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: H2 to Postgres migration

Jo Cook
Hi Hóddi,

I committed my documentation about the Geonetwork H2 database at
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/customizing-application/misc.html#using-the-h2-database
but I'bve just had a look at the GUI tool dbeaver and it looks like it
should be able to handle your export/import requirements- see
https://github.com/dbeaver/dbeaver/wiki/Data-transfer. You would
probably want to start geonetwork up with a blank postgresql database
so that it sets up the tables correctly, then import your tables.

Hope that helps

Jo

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 9:55 AM Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought I had some documentation on a gui for the h2 database, which
> might provide you with tools for exporting the data but it looks as if
> I didn't commit it to the manual. I'll do that now.
>
> Jo
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 9:39 AM hoddih <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Is any "manual" for Dummies to this progress? Step by step.
> >
> > I have 7.500.000 KB gn.h2.db file that I want to migrate to postgres!
> > It includes a few groups and users!
> >

> > Hóddi
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

> Jo Cook
> t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
> Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
> urgent responses at that time, please visit
> support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: H2 to Postgres migration

hoddih
  Thanks Jo

I will do some experiments on my test server.
Hope that will work.
 Thanks again.
Hólmgrímur Helgason (Hóddi)
CAFF - Data Manager