Guides and grid in Print Composer

McDonaldR

Hi list,

I am using the new Print Composer features in the frozen development release 2.1 105ecfa.  I am setting up a map template and using the new guides and rulers to lay out the page.

I want the two boxes (map on the left and sidebar on right) to snap to the guides. Moving the map frame first it seems that the centre of the box of the mouse handles snap to the guide and not the edge of the map frame.

I am running QGIS on Windows 7 32bit and I must say that running it on Linux Mint 16 (Ubuntu 13.10) it works as expected and features are snapped exactly edge to edge and corner to corner.  Anyone else experienced this issue?

Cheers

Ross

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons.  Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.

Re: Guides and grid in Print Composer

Ramon Andinach

On 28 Jan 2014, at 0:13, "McDonaldR" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi list,

I am using the new Print Composer features in the frozen development release 2.1 105ecfa.  I am setting up a map template and using the new guides and rulers to lay out the page.

<image001.png>

I want the two boxes (map on the left and sidebar on right) to snap to the guides. Moving the map frame first it seems that the centre of the box of the mouse handles snap to the guide and not the edge of the map frame.

<image002.png>

<image003.png>

I am running QGIS on Windows 7 32bit and I must say that running it on Linux Mint 16 (Ubuntu 13.10) it works as expected and features are snapped exactly edge to edge and corner to corner.  Anyone else experienced this issue?

Cheers

Ross

I can confirm that (win7 64bit) and have created an issue:
hub.qgis.org /issues/9443

Not sure on a workaround, you might be able to finesse a grid into the right place...

-ramon.

Re: Guides and grid in Print Composer

Ross McDonald
Thanks for logging the issue, Ramon

In the end I used the size and position options to get everything aligned.

Ross