Grass - Link report to data point

Francois Chartier
Hi,

Is it possible with GRASS to link a point on a map with a report of some kind (photo, pdf, graph etc)?  I am interested in this feature, to facilitate data entry from the field and understanding of site conditions.

Regards,
Francois

Re: Grass - Link report to data point

Veronica Andreo
Hi Francois,

Well, there's Geopaparazzi [0] application and then a GRASS add-on that allows to import geopaparazzi's files (including images) [1]. Then, there's QField for QGIS [2].

I have never used any of them though. Let us know how it goes, please, or feel free to create a wiki with the details in the grasswiki.
I'd be very interested in understanding the workflow and learning.

Cheers,
Vero

El mar., 30 jul. 2019 a las 1:39, Francois Chartier (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi,

Is it possible with GRASS to link a point on a map with a report of some kind (photo, pdf, graph etc)?  I am interested in this feature, to facilitate data entry from the field and understanding of site conditions.

Regards,
Francois

Re: Grass - Link report to data point

Markus Neteler
On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 1:39 AM Francois Chartier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible with GRASS to link a point on a map with a report of some kind (photo, pdf, graph etc)?  I am interested in this feature, to facilitate data entry from the field and understanding of site conditions.

Not sure but maybe the HTML-driver could be used somehow:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/htmldriver.html

Best
Markus

Re: Grass - Link report to data point

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>Then, there's QField for QGIS [2].
>[...]
>[2] https://qfield.org/

tested in the field, QField is quite usable.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--