Grass GIS and McAfee

DAmico, Ellen

Good Morning,

I am new to GRASS.  I am using it in command line.  I have discovered that my McAfee virus checker is seeing some of the GRASS .bat files as suspicious and obviously will not run them.  In particular this file (db.in.ogr.bat).  McAfee doesn’t like the fact it has multiple “.”  I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and what their solution to it was.  I CANNOT disable McAfee.  The agency I work for would frown upon that.

Thank you.

Ellen

Re: Grass GIS and McAfee

Markus Neteler
Hi Ellen,

DAmico, Ellen <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 17. Apr. 2019, 14:55:

Good Morning,

I am new to GRASS.  I am using it in command line.  I have discovered that my McAfee virus checker is seeing some of the GRASS .bat files as suspicious and obviously will not run them.  In particular this file (db.in.ogr.bat).  McAfee doesn’t like the fact it has multiple “.”  I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and what their solution to it was.  I CANNOT disable McAfee.  The agency I work for would frown upon that.

The only way I see is to contact their support. Maybe you have already done that?

Best
Markus

Thank you.

Ellen

Re: Grass GIS and McAfee

DAmico, Ellen

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately I do not have a choice in virus checkers, my work requires McAfee.  I am working with McAfee on a resolution.  They have been responsive but no solution yet.

Re: Grass GIS and McAfee

Francois Chartier
mcafee would have to add executable for each module as not a virus in their database.