Graphical selection in Grass 7.6.1

Eric Patton-3
Hi,

It's been a while since I've tried doing this, so I'm not familiar with the state of the wxgui, but is it possible to do a graphical selection in the wx monitor? I see a tool that says 'Select vector features', but as far as I can tell you can only select one vector object at a time. I have to select a few hundred polygons, and it is not possible to select them from attributes or category numbers.

The ideal solution would be to draw a rectangle on the monitor, and have that tool append to the selection; then pan and zoom, and repeat until selection is complete. Is this possible somehow?

Thanks,

~ Eric

Re: Graphical selection in Grass 7.6.1

Veronica Andreo
Hi Eric,

Yes, you can only choose polygons one by one... however, keeping Ctrl pressed, you can select multiple (one by one) polygons and you get a dialog that accumulates them and provides the option to create a new map out of the selection.

hth,
Vero

El jue., 25 jul. 2019 a las 18:44, Eric Patton (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi,

It's been a while since I've tried doing this, so I'm not familiar with the state of the wxgui, but is it possible to do a graphical selection in the wx monitor? I see a tool that says 'Select vector features', but as far as I can tell you can only select one vector object at a time. I have to select a few hundred polygons, and it is not possible to select them from attributes or category numbers.

The ideal solution would be to draw a rectangle on the monitor, and have that tool append to the selection; then pan and zoom, and repeat until selection is complete. Is this possible somehow?

Thanks,

~ Eric

Re: Graphical selection in Grass 7.6.1

Eric Patton-3
Veronica,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 2:36 PM, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eric,

Yes, you can only choose polygons one by one... however, keeping Ctrl pressed, you can select multiple (one by one) polygons and you get a dialog that accumulates them and provides the option to create a new map out of the selection.

hth,
That’s what I suspected. Oh well, it was worth checking.

Thanks,

~Eric.