Google layer Map Data display

jaslee
Hi,
I have Google maps showing through my OpenLayers app. I'm using OpenLayers v2.11 and I've applied the Hotfix to avoid the "Map Data" popup as described here http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Release/2.11/GoogleMaps37.

I'm conscious about the space available along the Google attribution bar at the bottom on the map and noticed the initial "Map Data" link on the OL Examples

...clicking on the link a popup showing the list of data providers displays in the centre of the map, which is neat and great space saving idea ...BUT, as I pan around the map, the list "Map Data" link changes to the list of data providers along the attribution bar rather than on a popup.

I'd like to know if this is by design? I would have thought that the "Map Data" link displays constantly and the list of data providers which changes only shows in the popup, no?...

Jason

Re: Google layer Map Data display

Peter Robins
On 6 September 2012 17:29, Jason Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...clicking on the link a popup showing the list of data providers displays
> in the centre of the map, which is neat and great space saving idea ...BUT,
> as I pan around the map, the list "Map Data" link changes to the list of
> data providers along the attribution bar rather than on a popup.
>
> I'd like to know if this is by design? I would have thought that the "Map
> Data" link displays constantly and the list of data providers which changes
> only shows in the popup, no?...

this is as provided by Google. Google's script checks whether the
attribution fits in one line; if not, it creates the popup link. OL's
Google layer is basically just a wrapper around Google's code, and
simply displays what Google's api provides (as required by the terms
of use).

As you say, a good idea, and one that could usefully be incorporated
in OL's own attribution field.