Google Summer of Code

Gary Sherman-2
We may be able to get in on the Google SoC under the OSGeo umbrella
this year. Take a look at the list of possible projects from last year
and feel free to correct and enhance. Last fall we talked about fixing
the QGIS label engine under the auspices of SoC. This is an
opportunity to fix one of our major shortcomings for 1.0.

-gary
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Gary Sherman
Chair, QGIS Project Steering Committee
-Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com
   *Geospatial Hosting
   *Web Site Hosting
-Desktop GIS Book:
   *http://desktopgisbook.com
"We work virtually everywhere"

Re: Google Summer of Code

John C. Tull
On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:53 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:
> We may be able to get in on the Google SoC under the OSGeo umbrella
> this year. Take a look at the list of possible projects from last year
> and feel free to correct and enhance. Last fall we talked about fixing
> the QGIS label engine under the auspices of SoC. This is an
> opportunity to fix one of our major shortcomings for 1.0.

I also think label collision detection and other advanced label
capabilities would be terrific enhancements.

John