Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

aleofriend
I installed MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows for php.

The MapGuide Server 2.1 is running and the Apache Server is running, but ApacheMapGuide2.1 is not running.

There is no documentation for 2.1.0. The site asks us to refer MapGuide Open Source 2.0.x documentation in the interim. But the 2.0.x documentation has the pathnames which are not there in this installation.

Please guide me how should I get started with MapGuide and reach the admin page.

Re: Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

Jackie Ng
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0 becomes C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide

C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server becomes C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server

C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions becomes C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web

That's the directory structure for 2.1 and newer releases. Everything else remains the same, relative to these root directories

- Jackie

Re: Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

aleofriend
thanks!

but then y is my ApacheMapGuide2.1 is not running.. even if i go to services n try starting it manually, it doesn't work. : (

Re: Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

aleofriend
I think this has to do something with the WAMP on my system. If i stop my WAMP services, the apache services also get stopped. So, when I said that my Apache is working, I think it was through WAMP and not through MapGuide. Apologies if I am creating confusion.

Can I not use WAMP for running Apache? I understand that the MapGuide has php n Apache in it, but I want WAMP because of some other web applications.

Re: Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

Jackie Ng
You can probably use WAMP in place of apache if the WAMP was compiled with Visual C++ 2008. Otherwise, you *have* to use the bundled Apache/PHP

- Jackie

Re: Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

aleofriend
I uninstalled the WAMP. Apache service isn't runnig now (even if I go to services n try starting it manually). The MapGuide Server is running. I am working on Vista Home Premium and port 8008.

So, I haven't been able to reach the admin page yet. :(

Where should I check for what is the reason behind Apache not running? I checked the log files - access,error,install .. all are blank. :-/

Re: Getting started with MapGuide Open Source 2.1.0 for Windows

Jackie Ng
Try running the httpd.exe interactively from the command line. It should spit out whatever problems it is complaining about

- Jackie