Quantcast

Getting full geometry of selected feature

Getting full geometry of selected feature

Firenter
Good day to you all!

I am using Openlayers to create an application and I create my own highlights for selection.
However on point based layers this looks a bit strange.

Right now there is already something old running an old version of the Fusion Viewer I think? And I'd like it to look like that as well

Right now I'm selecting the data with MgFeatureService.SelectFeatures and then reading out all the fields (including geometry). However I can't seem to find how to select the visual geometry of the feature. Is there even a way to do that, or am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Getting full geometry of selected feature

Jackie Ng
Create a MgSelection and pass in an MgMap that was opened with your mapname/sessionid pair.

As you are reading out the features from MgFeatureService.SelectFeatures also add the identity property value(s) to the MgSelection (one of the AddFeatureIdXXX methods)

Save the MgSelection and send some kind of hint in the response to let the viewer know to refresh the map, it will pick up the new saved selection and render out the selected geometries.

- Jackie