Getting current version of GRASS via Homebrew

Getting current version of GRASS via Homebrew

Dheeraj Chand
Good morning, folks,

The GRASS wiki page for installing GRASS on Mac via Homebrew is out of date, limited to 7.2. The OSGeo formulae have changed since, is there an updated set of instructions?

Thanks,

Dheeraj

Re: Getting current version of GRASS via Homebrew

Veronica Andreo
Hello,

I'm not a mac user, but in this site you at least have 7.6: http://grassmac.wikidot.com/downloads

Following the instructions there worked fine last month for some students in OpenGeoHub Summer School.

HTH,
Vero

El jue., 31 oct. 2019 a las 18:06, Dheeraj Chand (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Good morning, folks,

The GRASS wiki page for installing GRASS on Mac via Homebrew is out of date, limited to 7.2. The OSGeo formulae have changed since, is there an updated set of instructions?

Thanks,

Dheeraj

Re: Getting current version of GRASS via Homebrew

Dheeraj Chand
Hi, Veronica,

Thank you! Those are the pre-compiled binaries, which I have, but I was specifically curious about Homebrew's versions.

Thanks,

Dheeraj

On Oct 31, 2019, at 12:40 PM, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I'm not a mac user, but in this site you at least have 7.6: http://grassmac.wikidot.com/downloads

Following the instructions there worked fine last month for some students in OpenGeoHub Summer School.

HTH,
Vero

El jue., 31 oct. 2019 a las 18:06, Dheeraj Chand (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Good morning, folks,

The GRASS wiki page for installing GRASS on Mac via Homebrew is out of date, limited to 7.2. The OSGeo formulae have changed since, is there an updated set of instructions?

Thanks,

Dheeraj

Re: Getting current version of GRASS via Homebrew

Markus Neteler
On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:05 PM Dheeraj Chand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good morning, folks,
>
> The GRASS wiki page for installing GRASS on Mac via Homebrew is out of date, limited to 7.2.

Indeed:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compiling_on_MacOSX_using_homebrew

> The OSGeo formulae have changed since, is there an updated set of instructions?

Do you have an URL for us?

Markus

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 8:54 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:05 PM Dheeraj Chand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Good morning, folks,
> >
> > The GRASS wiki page for installing GRASS on Mac via Homebrew is out of date, limited to 7.2.
>
> Indeed:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compiling_on_MacOSX_using_homebrew
>
> > The OSGeo formulae have changed since, is there an updated set of instructions?
>
> Do you have an URL for us?

While not being a Mac user, I have updated
 https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compiling_on_MacOSX_using_homebrew
to GRASS GIS 7.6+.

Further edits are welcome.

Markus