Getcapabilities Filtering in Geoserver, support from OGC spec?

Getcapabilities Filtering in Geoserver, support from OGC spec?

zrouse
Maps are cool,
The ability to filter GetCap's is very useful in my world: ..."/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&namespace=words" (keywords are good also).  I am in a paperwork exercise and am pinging around to see if anyone can trace this coolness back to something that is supported in the OGC spec.  My looking around concludes that it is not excluded or forbidden, but I would love something that gives a bit stronger vote to this feature.  Imagine you made 60k layers a day and wanted a GetCap!
Zach
If you come to New Orleans, USA, contact me