GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works)

GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works)

Albrecht Weiser-2
Hi Community,
here's a tricky problem (maybe something for the cracks):
i have the geoserver 1.3.0-RC6 running (which is the latest version, i assume)
on my local windows machine and on our unix server. Both are exactly similar
(version and configuration). Both store Features in a PostGIS database. The
storing and creation of the features works well. In both cases i get back the
GetCapabilities with the stored features included. In the case of the windows-
machine, i can also portray the map of the feature with a usual GetMap-request.
When i try this on the unix machine with the corresponding request URL (respecting
the different mapserver-URL) i get back a very cryptic exception:

<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://www2.geoinform.fh-mainz.de:80/geoserver/data/capabilities//wms/1.1.1/WMS_exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
        <ServiceException code="">null</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

The request SHOULD work. There are the same circumstances (same
features, same request-URL and parameters,...) like on the windows-machine, and there
it works. The Capabilities also show, that it should as a matter of principle work on
the unix-machine too. But it doesn't. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Albrecht

Albrecht Weiser, Dipl.-Ing (FH)

--------------------

Institut für Raumbezogene Informations- und Messtechnik, i3mainz
Fachhochschule Mainz
Holzstraße 36
55116 Mainz

Tel.: 06131/2859-686
Fax:  06131/2859-699
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works)

Justin Deoliveira-4
Hi Albrecht,

Can you include the full log and turn on exceptions then perform the
Request again. A little easier to debug that way.

-Justin

Albrecht Weiser wrote:

> Hi Community,
> here's a tricky problem (maybe something for the cracks):
> i have the geoserver 1.3.0-RC6 running (which is the latest version, i assume)
> on my local windows machine and on our unix server. Both are exactly similar
> (version and configuration). Both store Features in a PostGIS database. The
> storing and creation of the features works well. In both cases i get back the
> GetCapabilities with the stored features included. In the case of the windows-
> machine, i can also portray the map of the feature with a usual GetMap-request.
> When i try this on the unix machine with the corresponding request URL (respecting
> the different mapserver-URL) i get back a very cryptic exception:

> <!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://www2.geoinform.fh-mainz.de:80/geoserver/data/capabilities//wms/1.1.1/WMS_exception_1_1_1.dtd">
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
>         <ServiceException code="">null</ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> The request SHOULD work. There are the same circumstances (same
> features, same request-URL and parameters,...) like on the windows-machine, and there
> it works. The Capabilities also show, that it should as a matter of principle work on
> the unix-machine too. But it doesn't. Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Albrecht
>

> Albrecht Weiser, Dipl.-Ing (FH)
>
> --------------------
>
> Institut für Raumbezogene Informations- und Messtechnik, i3mainz
> Fachhochschule Mainz
> Holzstraße 36
> 55116 Mainz
>
> Tel.: 06131/2859-686