GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works) (Albrecht Weiser)

GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works) (Albrecht Weiser)

Albrecht Weiser-2
Hi Justin,
i fixed the problem with the portation of gs from windows to UNIX.
 the solution of the problem is the X-Window setting on the unix machine.
 For showing maps with geoserver the X-Window variable has to be 0.0.
 It wasn't easy to  figure that out when the only help is the
 cryptical exception-message "null" from the wms.
thanks
Albrecht

Albrecht Weiser, Dipl.-Ing (FH)

--------------------

Institut für Raumbezogene Informations- und Messtechnik, i3mainz
Fachhochschule Mainz
Holzstraße 36
55116 Mainz

Tel.: 06131/2859-686
Fax:  06131/2859-699
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works) (Albrecht Weiser)

Justin Deoliveira-4
Hi Albrecht,

Great, nice work. Any chance you could add your problem + solution to
the FAQ for us?

-Justin

Albrecht Weiser wrote:

> Hi Justin,
> i fixed the problem with the portation of gs from windows to UNIX.
>  the solution of the problem is the X-Window setting on the unix machine.
>  For showing maps with geoserver the X-Window variable has to be 0.0.
>  It wasn't easy to  figure that out when the only help is the
>  cryptical exception-message "null" from the wms.
> thanks
> Albrecht
>

> Albrecht Weiser, Dipl.-Ing (FH)
>
> --------------------
>
> Institut für Raumbezogene Informations- und Messtechnik, i3mainz
> Fachhochschule Mainz
> Holzstraße 36
> 55116 Mainz
>
> Tel.: 06131/2859-686
> Fax:  06131/2859-699
> mailto:[hidden email]

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

RE: GetMap failed on UNIX-machine (on windows it works) (Albrecht Weiser)

miles_jordan

Just a quick note on this... I'm 99.9% sure that you don't need to set the x-windows display environment variable(assuming DISPLAY is what you are talking about), as long as the archive is launched with the -Djava.awt.headless=true switch.

It should already do that, if you are running geoserver using the startup script that came with it.

But, if it's working now, all the power to ya :o)

Miles Jordan
Applications Developer
The Australian Antarctic Data Centre

Albrecht Weiser wrote:

> Hi Justin,
> i fixed the problem with the portation of gs from windows to UNIX.
> the solution of the problem is the X-Window setting on the unix
> machine.  For showing maps with geoserver the X-Window variable has to
> be 0.0.  It wasn't easy to  figure that out when the only help is the
> cryptical exception-message "null" from the wms. thanks
> Albrecht
>

> Albrecht Weiser, Dipl.-Ing (FH)
>
> --------------------
>
> Institut für Raumbezogene Informations- und Messtechnik, i3mainz
> Fachhochschule Mainz
> Holzstraße 36
> 55116 Mainz
>
> Tel.: 06131/2859-686
> Fax:  06131/2859-699
> mailto:[hidden email]

Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK! <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=ick">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=ick

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.aad.gov.au/