GetFeatureInfo template problems

fat_mac
I'm runnign GS 2.1.3 and just added one single template file (content.ftl) in one specific FeatureType catalogue. It works very well in OpenLayers for that particular layer, but when trying to GetFeatureInfo from another layer in the very same Openlayers map the popup contains nothing..! (this also happends when I am clicking outside an object in the map, but then it is correct to not display anything (even though it's a bit annoying...)).

I must mention that I do not have any templates dir in the DATA-DIR, my idea was to use the inbuild ones, except for this particular Layer. And I migrated an old GS 1.7.x to 2.1.3 data-dir during deployment of the war.

I'm quite a newbie, so any idea would help!

Do I have to add the default ftl files in the templates dir?

// Marcus

Re: GetFeatureInfo template problems

Larry Theller
I have exactly the same problem (windows installer) [GS
1.7.x to 2.1.3 data-dir] , I kept the old data dir and so
there is no template folder created during 2.1.3
installation. Do I just create one and rename various .ftl
to templates?

Larry Theller

Re: GetFeatureInfo template problems

fat_mac
Hi all,
I have seached the complete server and cannot find any ftl-files whatsoever. I wonder if they are accessable from somewhere, where one actually can comy them and reuse them?

I am still looking for some help regarding my first (main) question; I only have one specific ftl-file in one specific FeatureType folder, but this seems to affect all other FeatureTypes as well... And I dont have the template folder in the data dir folder.

Is there any place (outside my server) where I could find those default templates? Or do I have to reinstall one WAR to get the templates created?

Thanks,
// Marcus

Re: GetFeatureInfo template problems

fat_mac
Hi again,
I think my problem is more related to the OpenLayers implementation rather than the ftl-files...! I have created another OL site, based on the Geoserver "Preview layers" syntax and here it works. So I assume that  I have to post in OpenLayers Users list instead!

Thansk anyway,
// Marcus