Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

Eli Adam
Hi all,

Around slide 43 is an old GeoMoose AGM report; do we want to update it?

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C6llSnWZ28c2aWQgttPiOnoo6dttdqKg07ugU_yr6Uc/edit#slide=id.g1fa15ee990_0_0

Best regards, Eli

Re: Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

James Klassen
Last year we had:

Bug-fix release 3.3.1
Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
Working towards (2019-2020):
     i18n Support
     Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.

I offer the following as a starting point:

1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
     3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2

Including:
     Improved automated testing
     Published on NPM
     i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
     Enhanced query support
     Mobile friendly fixes
     Printing enhancements

Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
     Add more translations.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last year we had:
>
> Bug-fix release 3.3.1
> Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
> Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
> Working towards (2019-2020):
>      i18n Support
>      Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.

Jim,

This looks like a reasonable annual update.  I suggest one additional
item below.

> I offer the following as a starting point:
>
> 1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
>      3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
>
> Including:
>      Improved automated testing
>      Published on NPM
>      i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
>      Enhanced query support
>      Mobile friendly fixes
>      Printing enhancements

OpenLayers and React library upgrades.

> Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
>      Add more translations.

Does anyone want to request edit access to update the slide?  If not,
I can do that.

Best regards, Eli

> On 9/2/20 10:47 AM, Eli Adam wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Around slide 43 is an old GeoMoose AGM report; do we want to update it?
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C6llSnWZ28c2aWQgttPiOnoo6dttdqKg07ugU_yr6Uc/edit#slide=id.g1fa15ee990_0_0
> >
> > Best regards, Eli

I'm fine if you want to take the lead on editing the slide.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 15:44 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last year we had:
>
> Bug-fix release 3.3.1
> Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
> Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
> Working towards (2019-2020):
>      i18n Support
>      Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.

Jim,

This looks like a reasonable annual update.  I suggest one additional
item below.

> I offer the following as a starting point:
>
> 1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
>      3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
>
> Including:
>      Improved automated testing
>      Published on NPM
>      i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
>      Enhanced query support
>      Mobile friendly fixes
>      Printing enhancements

OpenLayers and React library upgrades.

> Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
>      Add more translations.

Does anyone want to request edit access to update the slide?  If not,
I can do that.

Best regards, Eli

> On 9/2/20 10:47 AM, Eli Adam wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Around slide 43 is an old GeoMoose AGM report; do we want to update it?
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C6llSnWZ28c2aWQgttPiOnoo6dttdqKg07ugU_yr6Uc/edit#slide=id.g1fa15ee990_0_0
> >
> > Best regards, Eli

I've updated the slide.  If anyone wants additional edits, let me know.

Best regards, Eli

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:46 AM James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm fine if you want to take the lead on editing the slide.
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 15:44 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Last year we had:
>> >
>> > Bug-fix release 3.3.1
>> > Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
>> > Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
>> > Working towards (2019-2020):
>> >      i18n Support
>> >      Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.
>> >

>> Jim,
>>
>> This looks like a reasonable annual update.  I suggest one additional
>> item below.
>>

>> > I offer the following as a starting point:
>> >
>> > 1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
>> >      3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
>> >
>> > Including:
>> >      Improved automated testing
>> >      Published on NPM
>> >      i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
>> >      Enhanced query support
>> >      Mobile friendly fixes
>> >      Printing enhancements
>>
>> OpenLayers and React library upgrades.
>>

>> > Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
>> >      Add more translations.
>>
>> Does anyone want to request edit access to update the slide?  If not,
>> I can do that.
>>
>> Best regards, Eli

Thanks Eli!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020, 19:50 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've updated the slide.  If anyone wants additional edits, let me know.

Best regards, Eli

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:46 AM James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm fine if you want to take the lead on editing the slide.
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 15:44 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Last year we had:
>> >
>> > Bug-fix release 3.3.1
>> > Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
>> > Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
>> > Working towards (2019-2020):
>> >      i18n Support
>> >      Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.
>> >

>> Jim,
>>
>> This looks like a reasonable annual update.  I suggest one additional
>> item below.
>>

>> > I offer the following as a starting point:
>> >
>> > 1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
>> >      3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
>> >
>> > Including:
>> >      Improved automated testing
>> >      Published on NPM
>> >      i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
>> >      Enhanced query support
>> >      Mobile friendly fixes
>> >      Printing enhancements
>>
>> OpenLayers and React library upgrades.
>>

>> > Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
>> >      Add more translations.
>>
>> Does anyone want to request edit access to update the slide?  If not,
>> I can do that.
>>
>> Best regards, Eli

Is anyone planning on speaking at the AGM for GeoMoose? I don't think Ducky can make it.  I plan to be on the call.  I'm not sure what there is to say in a minute that isn't on the slide.

On 9/4/20 8:01 PM, James Klassen wrote:
Thanks Eli!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020, 19:50 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've updated the slide.  If anyone wants additional edits, let me know.

Best regards, Eli

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:46 AM James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm fine if you want to take the lead on editing the slide.
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 15:44 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Last year we had:
>> >
>> > Bug-fix release 3.3.1
>> > Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
>> > Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
>> > Working towards (2019-2020):
>> >      i18n Support
>> >      Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.
>> >

>> Jim,
>>
>> This looks like a reasonable annual update.  I suggest one additional
>> item below.
>>

>> > I offer the following as a starting point:
>> >
>> > 1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
>> >      3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
>> >
>> > Including:
>> >      Improved automated testing
>> >      Published on NPM
>> >      i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
>> >      Enhanced query support
>> >      Mobile friendly fixes
>> >      Printing enhancements
>>
>> OpenLayers and React library upgrades.
>>

>> > Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
>> >      Add more translations.
>>
>> Does anyone want to request edit access to update the slide?  If not,
>> I can do that.
>>
>> Best regards, Eli

I won't be able to attend, think that the meeting will already be too long, and think that the slide speaks for itself.  It does look good if someone "shows up," so if you (or someone else) wants to speak for 5-20 seconds to say that the slide speaks for itself, check out release details or demo, I'd be in favor of that.

Have a great meeting!

Eli

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 1:51 PM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is anyone planning on speaking at the AGM for GeoMoose? I don't think Ducky can make it.  I plan to be on the call.  I'm not sure what there is to say in a minute that isn't on the slide.

On 9/4/20 8:01 PM, James Klassen wrote:
Thanks Eli!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020, 19:50 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've updated the slide.  If anyone wants additional edits, let me know.

Best regards, Eli

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:46 AM James Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm fine if you want to take the lead on editing the slide.
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 15:44 Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:25 AM Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Last year we had:
>> >
>> > Bug-fix release 3.3.1
>> > Bug-fix and feature release 3.3.0
>> > Improved and upgraded hosting infrastructure.
>> > Working towards (2019-2020):
>> >      i18n Support
>> >      Restoring mobile support. Was a proof-of-concept, moving towards a supportable version.
>> >

>> Jim,
>>
>> This looks like a reasonable annual update.  I suggest one additional
>> item below.
>>

>> > I offer the following as a starting point:
>> >
>> > 1a) Several GeoMoose Releases
>> >      3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
>> >
>> > Including:
>> >      Improved automated testing
>> >      Published on NPM
>> >      i18n support (en and es currently implemented)
>> >      Enhanced query support
>> >      Mobile friendly fixes
>> >      Printing enhancements
>>
>> OpenLayers and React library upgrades.
>>

>> > Potential areas for help from OSGeo members:
>> >      Add more translations.
>>
>> Does anyone want to request edit access to update the slide?  If not,
>> I can do that.
>>
>> Best regards, Eli

Dan Little-2
BIg thank you to Eli and Jim for handling this! It's nice to make sure we stay present and accounted for and keep OSGeo folks in the loop.

Cheers!