Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

Angelos Tzotsos

Hello OSGeo Community!

We would like to invite you to our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday September 10th 2020 from 18 UTC till 20 UTC.

Normally we meet every year at our global FOSS4G conference. But this year everything is different. So we would like to invite you to a global virtual event.

All local chapters, projects, committees and initiatives are invited to present their status report, updates, covid-19 impact, future plans and past achievements.

We have already created the AGM slides for this year. This is going to be one minute of fame and shine, don't let it pass! It is important for all of us to know what is happening everywhere.
OSGeo is huge and this is the best way to get a summary of all the amazing work we are doing!

At the end of the AGM the Sol Katz Award 2020 will be granted. You have the chance to make nominations till August 21st.

There is a wiki page to give you an overview on the AGM 2020. Here you will find the details on where to meet soon.

AGM 2020 slides

Please add your information to the slides. If you want to edit it and still don't have privileges to do so, please let us know and tell us which team you represent so we can provide write access.

Please make sure you use only one (or two) slides per team. You will have about 1 minute to present.

Please spread the information about the AGM 2020 and save the date! We will provide detailed information about the meeting platform soon.

We hope to see you at the AGM in September.

Stay safe,

Angelos Tzotsos
President of OSGeo

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President

Re: Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

Mike Saunt-2
+1 from me

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 20:33, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
The AGM format was stretched for the last couple of years when we were meeting face to face. It just isn’t possible to give every project, initiative, committee and chapter space even if they stick to the time limit (which few do).

The slide deck currently stands at 112 slides - a lot are from last year but presumably will be replaced. Perhaps we could read the slides as a report and then use the AGM for more discussion.

I wonder if the GM needs to focus on a narrower agenda around the Board’s activities and strategy with space for more discussion rather than a run through of what everyone did in the last year?
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 5 Aug 2020, at 20:00, [hidden email] wrote:

[OSGeo-Discuss] Get ready for our OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020 18 UTC

Astun Technology Ltd, Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.