Get lazy iterator from CalcResult

Jose Bujalance
Hi,

I was wondering if it is posible to get the results from a CalcResult object in the form of a lazy iterator instead of creating a Java List, or Map, or Array, etc. In my case, this CalcResult is generated by a GroupByVisitor, and I am almost sure that instantiating a List from it will lead to memory issues. Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

José

Re: Get lazy iterator from CalcResult

Jim Hughes
Hi José,

Can you see more about what you are trying to do?  Unless the GroupBy can be pushed somewhere else for the work, generally, I'd suppose that all of the data involved has to be scanned/observed and all entire CalcResult would effectively need to be in-memory already.

The only exception I could imagine would be if the data is coming back sorted by the GroupBy attribute...

Cheers,

Jim