Get bounding box of a feature

Stephen Crawford
I currently use a GetFeature request and a filter to retrieve the attribute
data and geometries for a set of features.  Inluded in the GML response is
the bounding box for the selected set of features.  Is there a way to
request only the bounding box without getting all the other data?  I can't
seem to find it in the WFS spec, though that doesn't mean it's not in
there....I have trouble deciphering the spec.

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Crawford
Center for Environmental Informatics
GeoVISTA Center
The Pennsylvania State University
814.865.9905

Re: Get bounding box of a feature

Chris Holmes-2
As far as I know there is not a way to do that.  In WFS 1.1 there is
resultType = 'hits'.  I could see a resultType = 'boundingBox' as well,
but I don't _think_ it exists.  You should ask the WFS-dev list to be
sure.

best regards,

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project

cholmes.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment