Get Raster Info and more

Simone Micozzi
Hi to all.

I set up a webgis application based on PostGIS, GeoServer and MapBender.

The connections between the three components work fine:
the layers are regularly displayed by MapBender and when you click on
a feature inside the map (after having selected the FeatureInfo
button) a dialog box shows up displaying the related data.

Now, what I would like to do is to have the same result clicking on a
raster file, except that the info displayed would be of another kind,
maybe a legend and/or some related metadata.
Is it possible? And, if it is, could anyone point me where to find
some example or some guide about it?

Another thing I need to learn is how to style the Welcome Page and
also the FeatureInfo dialog box.

Thank you in advance for every possible help,

Simone Micozzi

Re: Get Raster Info and more

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello,

Am 2017-03-07 02:05, schrieb Simone Micozzi:

> Hi to all.
>
> I set up a webgis application based on PostGIS, GeoServer and
> MapBender.
>
> The connections between the three components work fine:
> the layers are regularly displayed by MapBender and when you click on
> a feature inside the map (after having selected the FeatureInfo
> button) a dialog box shows up displaying the related data.
>
> Now, what I would like to do is to have the same result clicking on a
> raster file, except that the info displayed would be of another kind,
> maybe a legend and/or some related metadata.
> Is it possible? And, if it is, could anyone point me where to find
> some example or some guide about it?
>
> Another thing I need to learn is how to style the Welcome Page and
> also the FeatureInfo dialog box.

Style the featureInfo Box
--------------------------
Have a look at how to make your own template.
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/templates.html
Note that the result comes from a WMS. SO maybe you have to style
Geoserver result too.

Style the welcome page:
You can overwrite the manager.html.twig file.

It works like this in Symfony.

1. Create the file structure to where the file is located f.e

/app/Resources/FOMManagerBundle/views/

2. Copy the file from the origin location to this location

  cp fom/src/FOM/ManagerBundle/Resources/views/manager.html.twig
app/Resources/FOMManagerBundle/views/

3. now you can add a new css to you twig

   <link rel="stylesheet" href="{{
asset('bundles/workshopdemo/manager.css') }}"/>

4. Overwrite Information from the original style or change the twig
structure

You find a sample manager.css in the workshop bundle.

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-workshop/tree/master/src/Workshop/DemoBundle/Resources/public

Please note. This works for Mapbender 3.0.5.3.

Astrid

> Thank you in advance for every possible help,
>
> Simone Micozzi

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2017
20.-24.03.2017 in Bonn
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: Get Raster Info and more

Simone Micozzi
Ciao, Astrid,

and thank you for your reply.

I noticed that you didn't mention the first point in my email.
Maybe because it is a silly question?
GetFeatureInfo from a raster layer...

I really need in my application to get some info about the raster
layers,
in particular a legend with the color scale and some associated metadata
(these raster files are the results of various processing chains
performed on satellite data).
Is it possible to use the metedata icon in the LayerTree panel to link
to an external source
(a HTML or XML document, or a DB table maybe)?
And if so, could you give me some advice about that?
Forgive my insistence, but this is really important to me.

Thank you anyway,
Simone

Il giorno 08/mar/17, alle ore 18:33, Astrid Emde ha scritto:

> [...]
> Resources/FOMManagerBundle/views/
>
> 3. now you can add a new css to you twig
>
>  <link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ asset('bundles/workshopdemo/
> manager.css') }}"/>
>
> 4. Overwrite Information from the original style or change the twig
> structure
>
> You find a sample manager.css in the workshop bundle.
>
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-workshop/tree/master/src/Workshop/DemoBundle/Resources/public
>
> Please note. This works for Mapbender 3.0.5.3.
>
> Astrid
>> Thank you in advance for every possible help,
>> Simone Micozzi

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Astrid Emde
> GIS-Consultant

> FOSS Academy Winterschule 2017
> 20.-24.03.2017 in Bonn
> Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Re: Get Raster Info and more

ruhri
Hi Simone,

You asked for some hints: I really need in my application to get some info about the raster layers, in particular a legend with the color scale and some associated metadata (these raster files are the results of various processing chains performed on satellite data).

--> from my point of view the mentioned things are are to be done on the wms-server-side. (GetLegend-/GetFeatureInfo-Request), Mapbender just shows the response of the mentioned requests with Info- or legend-icon - also for raster-data.
I'm sorry that I can't help you further, because I'm not into GeoServer. But I know this could be done with UMN-Mapserver.
MapServer and GeoServer are nearly always capable to do the same things, so I would expect that this is possible with GeoServer too.

Maybe these links help:
http://docs.geoserver.org/2.7.0/user/services/wms/get_legend_graphic/legendgraphic.html
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wms/reference.html#getfeatureinfo
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/tutorials/GetFeatureInfo/index.html#tutorials-getfeatureinfo

Cheers,
Ben

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag

Benjamin Schepers

Geodaten, Stadtplanwerk, Luftbilder
Kronprinzenstraße 6
45128 Essen
Fon: +49 201 2069-232
Fax: +49 201 2069-369
[hidden email]

Die Regionaldirektorin
Kronprinzenstraße 35
45128 Essen
Zentrale: +49 (0) 201 2069-0
Fax: +49 (0) 201 2069-500
www.metropoleruhr.de

Postfach 10 32 64
45032 Essen

Steuernummer: RVR 112/5797/0116
USt.-ldNr.: DE 173867500

Diese E-Mail koennte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
> [...]

> Resources/FOMManagerBundle/views/
>
> 3. now you can add a new css to you twig
>
>  <link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ asset('bundles/workshopdemo/
> manager.css') }}"/>
>
> 4. Overwrite Information from the original style or change the twig
> structure
>
> You find a sample manager.css in the workshop bundle.
>
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-workshop/tree/master/src/Worksh
> op/DemoBundle/Resources/public
>
> Please note. This works for Mapbender 3.0.5.3.
>
> Astrid
>> Thank you in advance for every possible help, Simone Micozzi

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Astrid Emde
> GIS-Consultant

> FOSS Academy Winterschule 2017
> 20.-24.03.2017 in Bonn
> Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

Re: Get Raster Info and more

Simone Micozzi
Ciao, Ben,

and thank you for your kind replay.

Not even I am so much into Geoserver.
As a matter of fact, this is the first project in which I'm using it,
and starting to appreciate it.
Till now I have always been (and I still intend to be)
a loyal - and satisfied! - user of UMN Mapserver.

Anyway,
after a little bit of testing
I have seen that Mapbender is correctly displaying
the legend generated by Geoserver.
But I haven't yet figured out a way
for attaching my own set of metadata to my raster files
and having them displayed by Mapbender.
Selecting the info (metadata) icon of these raster files in the
layertree box
only causes to display some standard Geoserver metadata
that are not so significant to me.

I even tried some tricks to get around Geoserver,
like "wrapping" my rasters into a mosaic,
so to take advantage of the generated DBF file
and putting my metadata inside of it.
But Geoserver didn't take the bait
and in the GetFeatureInfo box in Mapbender
it's just showing the pixel related metadata (like grayscale ratio and
so on).

Perhaps this is not the right place to address a question like this,
but I thought that maybe someone had faced the same problem before,
and solved it!

Thank you anyway for your time.
I will certainly take a look at the links you have shown me
and try to take the best out of them.

Cordialmente,
Simone Micozzi