Geotiff make problem

MisterSimms
Hello !

I've just downloaded the libgeotiff package and I'm trying to use it to create geotiffs from tif files. I've linked the library folders in the Visual Studio project, but he returns an unresolved external error when I use the geotiff methods. Concerning the build, when I enter the "nmake -f makefile.vc" instruction, it refers to the xtiffio.h saying it can't find tiffio.h. Now, I did put the folders in the same place as the libtiff and I did modify the path in the makefile.vc as asked, although I'm not really sure which is the exact path to use.

I also get a second message, the more familiar :

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

This has to be linked to Visual Studio and I can't fix this either. I'd also like to know if there are other ways to actually write geotiff files, either from .tif files, either actually written from scratch. Please help.

Thanks.