Geosever 1.3.0 RC4 Released

Justin Deoliveira-3
The new release is available.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25086&package_id=38410&release_id=365167

Some of the high points:

- SVG support
- Indexed Shapefile support,
- Improved UI

Along with many bug fixes.

Special thanks to the following developers for contributions.

        - Artie Konin for character set ecoding patch for WMS
        - Ron Appleman for a new SVG Map producer baded on batik

And to everyone else who reported bugs.

There is also a new color scheme that we would like your feedback on.

The web page has also been shifted around to make it easier to navigate.
It should be complete for the 1.3.0 release. But for now, check it out
here: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Home and add some tutorials!

Justin, Brent and Dave

Geoserver 1.3.0 RC4
-------------------

The issue log for this release is here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10311&fixfor=11906
<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10311&fixfor=11901>

The major changes since RC3 have been:
* SVG Support with full support for sld
* Map builder preview with custom configuration works
* Writing logs to disk
* GetLegendGraphic will now find the required style in a multiple styles
remote SLD document
* Color Scheme
* Indexed Shapefile support
* Compression/Decompression of remote SLD documents
* Data Store Editor User Interface Improvments
* XML request character set detection
* PostGIS support - more intuitive error messages regarding permissions
* Shapefile support - url handling
* Linux support - start / stop scripts
* Developer Documentation

Based on the geotools 2.1.x branch (tag = for_geoserver_1_3_rc4)
--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project

Geosever 1.3.0 RC4 Walkthrough

Jody Garnett
I prepped a walkthough based on an early verison of this release:
-<http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Walkthrough+2>
-<http://udig.refractions.net/docs/geoserverInstallAndEdit.pdf>

I am sure Justin will let me know if any changes need to be made.
Congrats on the release?

What else is planned before GeoServer 1.3.0? Is much more expected...

Jody