Geoserver won't start: Error creating bean with name 'Excel97OutputFormat'

Geoserver won't start: Error creating bean with name 'Excel97OutputFormat'

jondoig

Hi all

I’m running Geonode 2.4 and after recovering from a full disk I’m now unable to restart geoserver.

I get:

2017-03-17 17:02:44,829 WARN [support.DisposableBeanAdapter] - Invocation of destroy method failed on bean with name 'geoServerLoader': org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error creating bean with name 'geoGigGeoServerLifeCycleListener': Singleton bean creation not allowed while the singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method implementation!)

2017-03-17 17:02:44,830 ERROR [context.ContextLoader] - Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'Excel97OutputFormat' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/gs-excel-2.7.4.jar!/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'geoServer' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'geoServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/gs-main-2.7.4.jar!/applicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : input contained no data

Any clues please.

Regards

Jonathan

Re: Geoserver won't start: Error creating bean with name 'Excel97OutputFormat'

jondoig

In case anyone encounters this in future …I found the problem. Somehow my $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/geoserver/data/global.xml file had been wiped clean (hence “input contained no data”). I restored it from $GEONODE_HOME/geonode/geoserver/geoserver/data/global.xml and it worked.

Regards

Jonathan

Re: Geoserver won't start: Error creating bean with name 'Excel97OutputFormat'

simone balbo-2

Hi Jonathan,

I got the same error yesterday on a GeoNode 2.4.

Not sure how it happened, anyhow the solution you suggested totally saved my day.

Thanks a lot!

Simone