Geoserver with sde-connection how to refresh?

Geoserver with sde-connection how to refresh?

nitelopsis
We run Geoserver with ArcSDE connection and publish the feature data as OGC-WFS. Which works fine.

Problem: When we edit features stored in the SDE e.g. via ArcGIS, we do not see these changes within the OGC-WFS data. We have to restart Tomcat which runs on Geoserver to load the sde data again and then we ca see the changes.

Question: Is there an other possibility to refesh the data connection between SDE and Geoserver besides restarting Tomcat?

Thanks for your help,

Susanna