Geoserver not starting in tomcat6 after upgrade to 2.2

Geoserver not starting in tomcat6 after upgrade to 2.2

robertdbuckley
Hi,

Excited by the news of the stable release today, I though I would give 2.2 stable a try. unfortunately tomcat6 rejects it and delete the war after a restart.
What is even more irritating is that tomcat just deletes the geoserver folder!!

This is the last line of catalina.out

SCHWERWIEGEND: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@e44dd3]) and a value of type [org.geotools.referencing.wkt.Formatter] (value []) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

Can anyone advise me?

cheers,

Robert

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)

Re: Geoserver not starting in tomcat6 after upgrade to 2.2

carlo cancellieri
Robert,

> Excited by the news of the stable release today, I though I would give 2.2 stable a try. unfortunately tomcat6 rejects it and delete the war after a restart.
> What is even more irritating is that tomcat just deletes the geoserver folder!!

Not clear what happens here.

> This is the last line of catalina.out

could you please paster the complete stack trace?

> Can anyone advise me?

can you give me some more info on the geoserver configuration? (environment, etc)

Cheers
Carlo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Everyone hates slow websites. So do we. Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics Download AppDynamics Lite for free today: http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_sfd2d_oct