Geoserver not displaying layers from postgis where first row geom is blank

Geoserver not displaying layers from postgis where first row geom is blank

UniGIS
Hi,

I currently have quite a large DB table of polygons in a postgresql/postgis table. Some of the points have a geometry, some have a blank geometry. Currently the first row in the table does not have a geometry and I think this is preventing GeoServer from styling the WMS, i.e. its not visible.

GeoServer doesn't complain when I set up the layer, I just cant see the polygons as I should be able to.

Thoughts appreciated.