Geoserver fails to startup using docker-compose

Geoserver fails to startup using docker-compose

Admire Nyakudya
Hi

I have checked out geonode 2.8.0 source code and have been trying to get
my local environment running  using docker-compose but have been
unsuccessful.  Geonode starts up nicely but it seems Geoserver is not up
as I fail to upload layers.

I tried to bring up the services using docker-compose up -d and then
make sync

I have logged into the geoserver4geonode container and I cannot even run
a curl request.

curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XGET
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml

I get the error

://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xmlmin:geoserver
-XGET   http:
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, GET is already inferred.
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
 > GET /geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml HTTP/1.1
 > Host: localhost:8080
 > Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Z2Vvc2VydmVy
 > Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 404
< Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:52:01 GMT
<

I also have tailed the logs for geoserver4geonode container and see that
tomcat starts up without any problem.

Regards

Re: Geoserver fails to startup using docker-compose

Alessio Fabiani-2
Hello,
by using docker-compose, as far as I know, the services are not mapper to "localhost" but to a specific IP address.

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Hi

I have checked out geonode 2.8.0 source code and have been trying to get my local environment running  using docker-compose but have been unsuccessful.  Geonode starts up nicely but it seems Geoserver is not up as I fail to upload layers.

I tried to bring up the services using docker-compose up -d and then make sync

I have logged into the geoserver4geonode container and I cannot even run a curl request.

curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XGET http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml

I get the error

://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xmlmin:geoserver -XGET   http:
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, GET is already inferred.
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
> GET /geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Z2Vvc2VydmVy
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 404
< Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:52:01 GMT
<

On 17/05/2018 10:57, Alessio Fabiani wrote:
Hello,
by using docker-compose, as far as I know, the services are not mapper to "localhost" but to a specific IP address.
Geonode starts up and I am able to access it from http://geonode  but when I access http://geonode/geoserver/ I get a 404 error which shows me that somehow Geoserver is not up. That why I had to log into the container and run a curl request with localhost.

Regards

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

== GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691 Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054  Massarosa (LU) Italy phone: +39 0584 962313 fax:     +39 0584 1660272 mob:   +39 331 6233686 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it -------------------------------------------------------

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Hi

I have checked out geonode 2.8.0 source code and have been trying to get my local environment running  using docker-compose but have been unsuccessful.  Geonode starts up nicely but it seems Geoserver is not up as I fail to upload layers.

I tried to bring up the services using docker-compose up -d and then make sync

I have logged into the geoserver4geonode container and I cannot even run a curl request.

curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XGET http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml

I get the error

://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xmlmin:geoserver -XGET   http:
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, GET is already inferred.
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
> GET /geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Z2Vvc2VydmVy
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 404
< Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:52:01 GMT
<

I also have tailed the logs for geoserver4geonode container and see that tomcat starts up without any problem.

Regards

Re: Geoserver fails to startup using docker-compose

Alessio Fabiani-2
Need to test locally.

That's strange though, I tested it a couple of days ago and I could access to it.

Will try to give you feedbacks asap.

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

> [...]

I tried to bring up the services using docker-compose up -d and then make sync

I have logged into the geoserver4geonode container and I cannot even run a curl request.

curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XGET http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml

I get the error

://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xmlmin:geoserver -XGET   http:
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, GET is already inferred.
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
> GET /geoserver/rest/security/masterpw.xml HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Z2Vvc2VydmVy

< HTTP/1.1 404
< Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:52:01 GMT
<