Geoserver create layer / GeoServer does not support schema creation at the moment

Geoserver create layer / GeoServer does not support schema creation at the moment

christian.sickert

Hi GeoServer Users!

We've upgraded from GeoMesa 2.2.0 to 2.3.0 and are experiencing an issue with GeoServer (2.14.3) and the GeoMesa-Filesystem data store plugin now.

We're creating new layers using GeoServer's REST API as follows:

curl -X POST -d @<content-file> -H "Content-Type: application/json" <geoserver-base-url>/workspaces/<our-workspace>/datastores/<our-datastore>/featuretypes

This was working until GeoMesa 2.2.0 but results in an HTTP 500 with GeoMesa 2.3.0 giving the message "GeoServer does not support schema creation at the moment".

Is that an issue with GeoMesa? Or should that be fixed within GeoServer?

Do you know an alternative way of automating layer creation in GeoServer? By the way, creating layers manually in the Web UI works. Have asked the same question in the GeoMesa Users mailing list.

Thanks and regards

Christian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Christian Sickert

Crowd Data & Analytics for Automated Driving
Daimler AG - Mercedes-Benz Cars Development - RD/AFC

+49 176 309 71612
[hidden email]

Default Disclaimer Daimler AG