Geoserver Problem

Palm Kevin

Hi,

I hope anybody can help me. I have a strange behavior with my geoserver when I show the border of my shapefile.

When I try to get a map with a BBOX that is a little bit ouside my geo-data (when I try to visualize the nord-pole for example), then the MaxScaleDenominator is not respected any more and all layers are displayed. When I move the BBOX inside the card then the MaxScaleDenominator is processed correctly.

I don’t understand this.

Can anybody explain me this behavior?

I absolutely need to fix this problem, because when I show a map of the whole world the Geoserver tries to display ALL layers … (and loading all layers of the whole world is not possible because there is too much data)

Please help me,

Thank you