Geoserver HTTP ERROR: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Geoserver HTTP ERROR: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Ismail, Mark

After one of my colleagues installed some FME software on my test server Geoserver no longer works

When I try to access the admin console I get the following message :-

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/geoserver/web/

And none of my WMS are working

Any idea what may have caused this or how to fix it?

Mark Ismail

Principal IT Officer

Tel: 0151 443 3021

Knowsley Council  ê  Westmorland Road  ê Huyton ê L36 9GL

Save time – use the IT Service Desk Self Serve Application

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It may contain privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It must not be distributed without consent. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it and do not take any action based on it.

Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender, and not of Knowsley MBC. Legally binding obligations can only be created for, or be entered into on behalf of, Knowsley MBC by duly authorised officers or representatives.

Knowsley MBC excludes any liability whatsoever for any offence caused, any direct or consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on, this e-mail or its contents. We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take full responsibility for virus checking and no responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. Knowsley MBC reserves the right to monitor and/or record all e-mail communications through its network in accordance with relevant legislation.

Re: Geoserver HTTP ERROR: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Stefano Iacovella

After one of my colleagues installed some FME software on my test server Geoserver no longer works

When I try to access the admin console I get the following message :-

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/geoserver/web/

And none of my WMS are working

Any idea what may have caused this or how to fix it?

Did they install FME Server Edition?
It uses a Tomcat servlet container so maybe there is a conflict with the one used by GeoServer or the people installing FME just moved GeoServer to another port.

Cheers,

stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Geoserver HTTP ERROR: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Ismail, Mark

Hi

Yes it was server and desktop editions