Geoserver External WMS

David Ferdoille
Hello all,

As part of a map portal presenting data from different partners, we have set up a Geonetwork 2.14.0 in which we configure external WMS (cascading WMS).

However, the WMS services of some partners are not always stable (GetCap Result: 404, 504, 403 ...). These instabilities disrupt our geoserver, which can no longer provide the getCapabilities and the portal is disturbed. If we disable the corresponding stores, it will work again normally.

We are wondering :
- is it the "nominal" behavior of the geoserver or have we misconfigured something?
- would it be possible to automatically disable a store that no longer works (maybe an evolution with a notification to the administrator ...)?

David FERDOILLE

Re: Geoserver External WMS

geowolf
On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 10:29 AM David Ferdoille <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

As part of a map portal presenting data from different partners, we have set up a Geonetwork 2.14.0 in which we configure external WMS (cascading WMS).

However, the WMS services of some partners are not always stable (GetCap Result: 404, 504, 403 ...). These instabilities disrupt our geoserver, which can no longer provide the getCapabilities and the portal is disturbed. If we disable the corresponding stores, it will work again normally.

We are wondering :
- is it the "nominal" behavior of the geoserver or have we misconfigured something?

Go to the global configuration panel and look for the "service error settings", see if it's already set to "skipping misconfigured layers", if not, that that out

- would it be possible to automatically disable a store that no longer works (maybe an evolution with a notification to the administrator ...)?

This happens on startup only, there are no periodic checks, but maybe you can setup some periodic check of yours using the REST api
(haven't looked into it, normally I use the one above, which skips misconfigured or problematic layers)

Cheers
Andrea

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.