Georeferencing Images in GeoNode

Adam Cox
Hello,

I am new to GeoNode, but have really enjoyed getting to know the software. My plan for the next several months (grad school thesis work) is to create an extension of/modification to GeoNode that will allow a user to manually georeference an uploaded scan of a map (Document), which will turn it into a proper Layer. There are a few other browser-based georeferencing apps out there already (MapWarper http://mapwarper.net/, Georeferencer https://www.georeferencer.com/) but I've chosen GeoNode as the base for my own attempt at a new one. Is anyone aware of other similar work like this that has been done on GeoNode in the past?

I hope to be able to contribute to the community as well, so I also just want to say I'm looking forward to getting involved!

Thanks,
Adam