Geopackage raster layer names are blank

Richard Lee
When I bring in a geopackage that I've created and populated with two ratsers, the layer names display in the 'Layers' panel of QGIS as blank even though the table_name field is populated in the database.

Is this a known problem with QGIS?

I wrote this up with more detail and screen caps here:  https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/323757/geopackage-raster-layer-name-is-blank-in-qgis-layers-panel

At least one other person has confirmed that they get the same result.

Thanks.

-Richard Lee

QGIS 3.6.3
GDAL/OGR 2.4.1
Windows 10 Pro

Re: Geopackage raster layer names are blank

Richard Duivenvoorde
Hi Richard,

Please create one or more issues for this:
https://github.com/qgis/qgis/issues

Seems not so much as a bug,
but more like it is 'just not implemented yet'...

Would be helpfull if you provide also small gpkg which then can be used
to check/code. Preferable with yours (rasters only) and from the other
person (vector and raster).
And a good list of what works and what does not :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

On 29/05/2019 17.55, Richard Lee wrote:

> When I bring in a geopackage that I've created and populated with two ratsers, the layer names display in the 'Layers' panel of QGIS as blank even though the table_name field is populated in the database.
>
> Is this a known problem with QGIS?
>
> I wrote this up with more detail and screen caps here:  https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/323757/geopackage-raster-layer-name-is-blank-in-qgis-layers-panel
>
> At least one other person has confirmed that they get the same result.
>
> Thanks.
>

> -Richard Lee
>

> QGIS 3.6.3
> GDAL/OGR 2.4.1
> Windows 10 Pro

Re: Geopackage raster layer names are blank

qgis-user
On 5/30/2019 3:00 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Please create one or more issues for this:
> https://github.com/qgis/qgis/issues
>
> Seems not so much as a bug,
> but more like it is 'just not implemented yet'...
>
> Would be helpfull if you provide also small gpkg which then can be used
> to check/code. Preferable with yours (rasters only) and from the other
> person (vector and raster).
> And a good list of what works and what does not :-)
I'm the person who reported the vector problem on stack-exchange in
response to the original report about the raster problem.
I just created an issue on this and included a geopackage with two
raster layers and two vector layers showing the problem.

Re: Geopackage raster layer names are blank

Richard Lee
Thanks! I'll subscribe on GitHub.