Geonode-Project: Apache Config / geonode.conf

Geonode-Project: Apache Config / geonode.conf

juliermeopensourcedeveloper
Dear all geonode developers,

I have made changes in my geonode production through geonode-project. Just now, I realized that the geonode-project css config is being applied to geonode production main page, however my new tabs and text change in  site_base.html and site.index.html are not being applied to geonode production main page.

I ran the commands python manage.py migrate and python manage.py collectstatic and realized that static_root was created in /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geoonde/static_root

geonode.conf Directories make reference to several paths /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/ and /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/* (group, people_group, documents, Layers, avatars and thumbs)

but directory uploaded is no in /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geoonode

I wonder if this directory <uploaded> and its subdirectories <group, people_group, documents, Layers, avatars and thumbs> are added manually.

In order to see the new tabs and text changes in geonode production, I also added another directory to geonode.conf

 <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/templates/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
 </Directory>

The directory templates contains site_base.html and site_index.html. But yet I could not see the new tabs in my geonode production main page.

Any help on that will be very appreciated.

Kind regards

Julierme

Re: Geonode-Project: Apache Config / geonode.conf

xbartolone
Dear Julierme,

I encourage you to follow scrupulously the developer workshop where everything you are trying to do is well covered http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/.

Francesco

Il giorno 17/mag/2018, alle ore 17:06, Julierme Pinheiro <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your questions. I added tabs and text change to geonode-dev (geonode-dev.png) and I can see the changes over geonode-production (geonode-production.png). However If I keep WSGIDaemonProcess my_geonode python-path=/home/my_geonode/my_geonode:/home/geo/Envs/my_geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages user=www-data threads=15 processes=2

I can see the changes done through geonode-dev css and site_base.html and site_index.html over the geonode-production, But geonode-production uses geonode-dev within this python-path config.

However if I keep WSGIDaemonProcess geonode python-path=/home/geonode/my_geonode:/home/geo/Envs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages user=www-data threads=15 processes=2

I can see the changes done through geonode-dev css and not the changes in site_base.html and site_index.html. But geonode-productions is using its right database.

Could you give a clue in what is going on? I also following the directions in here http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/8/3.

Thank you for your time in advance

Julierme

Once you have installed GeoNode as a library/package in your my_geonode virtual environment did you see your custom text and tabs changes starting the development server? That means “python manage.py run server” ?
Once you’ll get this achievement then the apache configuration will be easier.

Hope this helps

Francesco

Il giorno 17/mag/2018, alle ore 18:01, Julierme Pinheiro <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Dear Framcesco,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have gone through http://geonode.org/dev-workshop/#/ several times. It is a great source, but again this issue was related to geonode.conf /apache2 config.

I got to fix this problem making changes to geonode.conf. In my case, if I have geonode production in /home/geonode and geonode-project in /home/my_geonode, the geonode.conf must have all information related to geonode-project, and I was still gathering information from geonode-production in geonode.conf.

I appreciated your time and help.

Kind regards

Julierme

[...]

making a correction in my previous e-mail.

I can see the changes done through geonode-dev css and site_base.html and site_index.html over the geonode-production, But geonode-production uses geonode-dev database within this python-path config.