Geonode - Error on uploading layer

12

Geonode - Error on uploading layer

Giuseppe Musumeci
Dear list I'm working with Geonode that I installed on a VM set via Vagrant When I try to load the shape file, I get this error: failed to create /var/www/vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64.MainThread-3777 In the Apache error log is as follows: ERROR: geonode.layers.views: failed to create /var/www/vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64.Dummy-2-3778 Trying to google around I found that in the settings.py file should add the line: NOTIFICATION_LOCK_LOCATION = '/ var / www / geonode' Finally I verified that the www-data user has all permissions on the www / folder geonode drwxr-xr-x 5 www-data root March 21 4096 14:27 geonode The fact remains that I can't upload. Does anyone know help me?

Re: Geonode - Error on uploading layer

xbartolone
Dear Giuseppe,

as already replied on the italian gfoss list you should check to follow from scratch the workshop http://geonode.org/geonode-workshop/foss4git2017/#/4/2 we did during foss4g-it. If the error is still happening please let me know as probably in this case the beta release is also affected and you can help us with your feedback.

Thanks,
Francesco

Il giorno 06/apr/2017, alle ore 14:12, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Dear list I'm working with Geonode that I installed on a VM set via Vagrant When I try to load the shape file, I get this error: failed to create /var/www/vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64.MainThread-3777 In the Apache error log is as follows: ERROR: geonode.layers.views: failed to create /var/www/vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64.Dummy-2-3778 Trying to google around I found that in the settings.py file should add the line: NOTIFICATION_LOCK_LOCATION = '/ var / www / geonode' Finally I verified that the www-data user has all permissions on the www / folder geonode drwxr-xr-x 5 www-data root March 21 4096 14:27 geonode The fact remains that I can't upload. Does anyone know help me?

Re: Geonode - Error on uploading layer

Giuseppe Musumeci
I ran the installation of Geonode using the instructions at the link http://geonode.org/geonode-workshop/foss4git2017/#/4/2

I think there are problems in the instructions about geoserver configuration:

$ Sudo vi usr / share / geoserver / data / global.xml

I changed the default settings with those specified:
<ProxyBaseUrl> http: // localhost: 8001 / </ proxyBaseUrl>

But geoserver don't works: I then set the value to

moreover i Think that to configure vagrantfile as suggested:

config.vm.network "forwarded_port", guest: 8080, host: 8080

is not correct.

Could someone tell me the correct settings values for geoserver and vagrantfile?

[...]

is simply redundant. It has been added to access geoserver out of the scope of oauth2.
What url are you going to call in the browser for geoserver?

Sent from Nylas Pro, the most powerful email app for work

On apr 10 2017, at 10:49 am, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To be able to upload layers I must set

<proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8080/geoserver/</proxyBaseUrl>

into usr/share/geoserver/data/global.xml

If I open geoserver from the admin panel the address is

but If i want for example a layer preview

address change to

with error The requested URL /geoserver/geonode/wms was not found on this server.

[...]

Giuseppe,

if you set "<proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8080/geoserver/</proxyBaseUrl>" then you have to make that url reachable from your host. That means
the configuration "config.vm.network "forwarded_port", guest: 8080, host: 8080” is required otherwise you get the 404 error.

Il giorno 10/apr/2017, alle ore 11:18, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Dear Francesco,

I followed the tutorial

I need to set <proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8001/geoserver/</proxyBaseUrl>

and not <proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8001/</proxyBaseUrl>

In this way geoserver seems to work fine.

The problem is I'm not able to upload layers from geonode menu

[Errno 111] Connection refused

[...]

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
GEOSERVER_URL = SITEURL + 'geoserver/'

[...]

How did you perform the installation?
You were originally receive that error because GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION is wrong. It should be:

Il giorno 10/apr/2017, alle ore 13:44, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
[...]

I followed all the istructions in the tutorial you send me.

Is there a way to correct these errors using a command (i.e sudo geonode-updateip localhost:8001)?

How did you perform the installation?
You were originally receive that error because GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION is wrong. It should be:

Il giorno 10/apr/2017, alle ore 13:44, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
[...]

I installed again geonode according the tutorial

I run the command geonode-updateip

I have problem to load layers:[Errno 111] Connection refused

Where I'm wrong?

Yes, absolutely. It looks like you missed this one http://geonode.org/geonode-workshop/foss4git2017/#/4/6

Il giorno 10/apr/2017, alle ore 14:39, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

I followed all the istructions in the tutorial you send me.

Is there a way to correct these errors using a command (i.e sudo geonode-updateip localhost:8001)?

How did you perform the installation?
You were originally receive that error because GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION is wrong. It should be:

Il giorno 10/apr/2017, alle ore 13:44, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
[...]

I followed your instructions.

There are few differences:

in order the system works I must set
<proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8001/geoserver /</proxyBaseUrl>
instead of
<proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8001/ /</proxyBaseUrl>

I cannot edit vagrant file with config.vm.network "forwarded_port", guest: 8080, host: 8080
infact I get the error
"Vagrant cannot forward the specified ports on this VM, since they would collide with some other application that is already listening on these ports. The forwarded port to 8080 is already in use on the host machine."

If I try to upload a layer I get this error [Errno 111] Connection refused

but if I access geoserver on http://localhost:8001/geoserver/web

I see that layers have been uploaded into geoserver.

Nevethless If I watch into geonode I see that "No content created yet"

[...]

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
[...]

See inline

Il giorno 10/apr/2017, alle ore 21:14, giuseppe musumeci <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

I followed your instructions.

There are few differences:

in order the system works I must set
<proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8001/geoserver /</proxyBaseUrl>
instead of
<proxyBaseUrl>http://localhost:8001/ /</proxyBaseUrl>

This is not required if the settings are configured fine. During an installation with apt-get this is done automatically while executing the command geonode-updateip

I cannot edit vagrant file with config.vm.network "forwarded_port", guest: 8080, host: 8080
infact I get the error
"Vagrant cannot forward the specified ports on this VM, since they would collide with some other application that is already listening on these ports. The forwarded port to 8080 is already in use on the host machine.”

You have another process which is running on port 8080 in your host machine. Please shutdown that.

If I try to upload a layer I get this error [Errno 111] Connection refused

but if I access geoserver on http://localhost:8001/geoserver/web

Apparently some geoserver configurations in your settings are still wrong. Are you sure you started a new installation after a vagrant destroy?

[...]

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
[...]

Simo D
Dears, just a not.
In the vagrant installation we made at the workshop, there's no need to forward geoserver to the host as the apache proxy will take care of serving under localhost:8001/geoserver.

Best

[...]

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)

From /etc/geonode/local_settings.py
[...]

Simone

Re: Geonode - Error on uploading layer

xbartolone
Thanks Simone you are right. I will update the slide, it was my fault.

 @Giuseppe you have to leave <proxyBaseUrl> unaltered.

On apr 11 2017, at 7:23 am, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py

GEOSERVER_LOCATION = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_LOCATION', 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/'
)