Geonetwork and accessibility directive

Koistinen Kai (MML)
Dear all,

What is the role of accessibility improvements in Geonetwork's future roadmap? Are you planning to have better support for the EU's accessibility directive (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016L2102&from=FI) in the future GN releases?

This directive is becoming an issue at least in our organization. We already had accessibility evaluation for our Geonetwork instance and they found quite a lot of accessibility problems. Deadline for fixing the issues is somewhere in the end of 2020.

We are using GN3.6 default UI. Have you faced these accessibility problems in other organizations and have you already solved it somehow?

Best regards,
Kai Koistinen
SDI Expert
National Land Survey of Finland

Re: Geonetwork and accessibility directive

Jose Garcia
Hi Kai

Not sure about the plans to support that directive, but if you have a
chance would be good to test accessibility in 3.8, I see some PR like
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/3728 focus on
accessibility improvements.

Would be good if you can do same checks with 3.8.

Any chance also to share these results? If it's possible, creating an
issue in GitHub would be great.

Regards,
Jose García

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 4:17 PM Koistinen Kai (MML) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> What is the role of accessibility improvements in Geonetwork's future
> roadmap? Are you planning to have better support for the EU's accessibility
> directive (
> https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016L2102&from=FI)
> in the future GN releases?
>
> This directive is becoming an issue at least in our organization. We
> already had accessibility evaluation for our Geonetwork instance and they
> found quite a lot of accessibility problems. Deadline for fixing the issues
> is somewhere in the end of 2020.
>
> We are using GN3.6 default UI. Have you faced these accessibility problems
> in other organizations and have you already solved it somehow?
>
> Best regards,
> Kai Koistinen
> SDI Expert
> National Land Survey of Finland

(0)318 416664 <+31318416664>Please consider the environment before printing
this email.*