Geonetwork Port

Andreas Böhme
Hi guys,
I am running tomcat 8 on my VM and I recently deployed a geoserver on
the same machine on which my geonetwork runs. Since then the geonetwork
does not work anymore. Do I need to change the default port 8080 to some
other or can those two applications coexist with the same port number?
If not, where do I have to change this for my geonetwork?
Thanks and regards
Andreas

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Geonetwork Port

Juan Luis Rodríguez Ponce
Hello Andreas,

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 3:56 PM Andreas Böhme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am running tomcat 8 on my VM and I recently deployed a geoserver on
> the same machine on which my geonetwork runs. Since then the geonetwork
> does not work anymore. Do I need to change the default port 8080 to some
> other or can those two applications coexist with the same port number?

They can coexist if you deploy them in the same Tomcat server.

> If not, where do I have to change this for my geonetwork?

If each one is deployed in a different Tomcat server you will need to
change the port of one of them to something different than 8080. This is a
setting of Tomcat itself, not GeoNetwork.  Check [1] to read about how to
change it. If you are not going to use an Apache or NGINX server in front
of Tomcat you will need to tune GeoNetwork settings for Port and Secure
Port [2].

[1] https://mkyong.com/tomcat/how-to-change-tomcat-default-port/
[2]
https://www.geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/tutorials/introduction/setup/index.html#basic-settings

--

*Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,Juan Luis Rodríguez.
(0)318 416664 <+31318416664>Please consider the environment before printing

Re: Geonetwork Port

Andreas Böhme
Hola Juan,
thanks for your answer. My situation is: Ubuntu 18 with tomcat 8.5.39
and inside I run a geoserver 2.17 and I am trying to bring my geonetwork
3.10.2 back to live. I also have another application in a tomcat9
environment (port 8081). The tomcat 8 is on port 8080. Geoserver and
other app are working fine. I use a local postgres DB for my geonetwork.
I just deleted all old geonetwork databases and set up a fresh
geonetwork and database and I always get this error:
The origin server did not find a current representation for the target
resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists. This results in
a 404 error. I must have something to do with my web.xml file, right? I
have no clue what to do so any advice would be appreciated.
many thx and regards
Andreas

Am 06.10.2020 um 18:34 schrieb Juan Luis Rodríguez Ponce:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 3:56 PM Andreas Böhme <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi guys,
>     I am running tomcat 8 on my VM and I recently deployed a geoserver on
>     the same machine on which my geonetwork runs. Since then the
>     geonetwork
>     does not work anymore. Do I need to change the default port 8080
>     to some
>     other or can those two applications coexist with the same port
>     number?
>
> They can coexist if you deploy them in the same Tomcat server.
>
>     If not, where do I have to change this for my geonetwork?
>

> If each one is deployed in a different Tomcat server you will need to
> change the port of one of them to something different than 8080. This
> is a setting of Tomcat itself, not GeoNetwork.  Check [1] to read
> about how to change it. If you are not going to use an Apache or NGINX
> server in front of Tomcat you will need to tune GeoNetwork settings
> for Port and Secure Port [2].
>

> [1] https://mkyong.com/tomcat/how-to-change-tomcat-default-port/
> [2]
> https://www.geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/tutorials/introduction/setup/index.html#basic-settings
> --
> ***
> Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,
>
> Juan Luis Rodríguez.
>
> <http://www.geocat.net/>
> Veenderweg 13
> 6721 WD Bennekom
> The Netherlands
> T: +31 (0)318 416664 <tel:+31318416664>

> ***

Andreas Böhme
Techniker/Technician
Landschaftsökologie/Computational Landscape Ecology

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 1058
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: N.N.
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/Administrative Managing Director:
Dr. Sabine König

Vermeiden Sie unnötige Ausdrucke./Think before printing.

Informationen aus der Wissenschaft (z.B. Veranstaltungshinweise, Projektangaben, Publikationen,
Bücher)

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment