Geomorpho90m: Global High-Resolution Geomorphometric Layers

Geomorpho90m: Global High-Resolution Geomorphometric Layers

Giuseppe Amatulli
Dear Colleagues,
I'm happy to announce that our data paper:
"Geomorpho90m: Global High-Resolution Geomorphometric Layers" is finally out!!!

Mountains, valleys, canyons, plateaus, and ridges are vertical variations of the Earth’s terrain and are driving processes in geomorphology, biogeography, climatology, hydrology and ecology. Their characterisation and assessment, through mathematical morphology algorithms, are crucial to numerous environmental modelling and simulation analyses. Running geocomputation algorithms in the Yale Grace-HPC, our team assembled the Geomorpho90m global geo-dataset, which characterizes 26 standardized geomorphometric variables such as slope, aspect, curvatures, ruggedness and geomorphological forms.

A special thank goes to:
@BigDataEcology for their assistance in writing the article and great teamwork
@YaleCRC for providing geocomputation facilities
@OpenTopography for hosting the data
@opengeohub for making the dataset available for visualization
@OSGeo for providing amazing open-source tools (GRASS GIS, GDAL, PKtools) for massive geocomputation processes.

Follow us on Tweeter: @BigDataEcology, happy free open data downloading :-)
Sincerely

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Center for Research Computing
Yale University
New Haven, CT, USA
Tweeter: @BigDataEcology